Need help with fan possitioning.

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

So my question is, "Are 2 filtered top intakes OK?" i'm wondering because of the "heat-going-up" thing.

Thank you for you suggestion, will keep it in mind!

Yeah, they will be fine. The hot air rising makes more sense outside case than inside. Thats why having intake fans low is more common. When case is on table it doesn't matter that much either. But if you would keep it like me, under the table, those top fans would use hot air.

Hello Linus Community  :) 

I've been following the forum for some time, but couldn't answer my question :(

post-152774-0-34836800-1432231171_thumb.

post-152774-0-51358800-1432231181_thumb.

This is my build, not powerfull at all, but i love it, cuz its my own! <3

CPU: Intel i5-4670K

GPU: GTX 760 2gb WINDFORCE

PSU: FSP Raider 750W

RAM: Corsair VENGENCE 2x 4GB 1600Mhz

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3

HDD: WD Black 1TB

I'm having problems possitioning the fans so i can achieve something better than negative air flow.

I got a budget to buy 3-4 more fans if needed, i was thinking of closing the 2 top slots, and stacking another fan together with the front bottom one.

Any Ideas, suggestions etc. are warm welcomed.

Sorry for the bad English :(

Thank you!

Greetings,
from Xwz...or simply...the "X".  :ph34r:

I like top fans more than bottom. I would use the top as intakes if filtered, this will give you more positive air flow. I have a somewhat similar setup, i personally would make top exhaust. The rest intakes besides side panels being exhaust. I would say use the biggest fans or most area ie 140mm is less than 2 120mm but i like to run my fans at low rpm.

I would like bit more info. Like is that pic your current setup with 2 front intakes? Or does it only have the single exhaust? What case? Which component needs most help with cooling? Are you doing this because of temps or dust problem?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The Picture is of my current setup, 2 front intakes, 1 back exhaust + 1 side exhaust, so far no cooling problems, but BRACE YOURSELF Summer is comming :\.
CPU: 35 idle/ 74 Gaming
GPU: 30idle/ 65 gaming

I'm having problem with the dust inside the case, because i'm basicly cleaning it every 2-3 weeks (The case is placed on my desk, not on the floor)

The Picture is of my current setup, 2 front intakes, 1 back exhaust + 1 side exhaust, so far no cooling problems, but BRACE YOURSELF Summer is comming :\.

CPU: 35 idle/ 74 Gaming

GPU: 30idle/ 65 gaming

I'm having problem with the dust inside the case, because i'm basicly cleaning it every 2-3 weeks (The case is placed on my desk, not on the floor)

Are the front intakes filtered? The side fan should be filtered intake too. Though your GPU doesn't need it. So you could also move it to top as filtered intake.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Are the front intakes filtered? The side fan should be filtered intake too. Though your GPU doesn't need it. So you could also move it to top as filtered intake.

Yes, my front fans are filtered, i'm thinking of keeping the side fan exhaust, so it can take care of all the heat from the GPU, making it intake will return the heat back to the GPU.|

I don't know what to do with the top ones.

So my question is, "Are 2 filtered top intakes OK?" i'm wondering because of the "heat-going-up" thing.

Yeah, they will be fine. The hot air rising makes more sense outside case than inside. Thats why having intake fans low is more common. When case is on table it doesn't matter that much either. But if you would keep it like me, under the table, those top fans would use hot air.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thank you mr. LoGiCalDrm , i'll buy fans, and put them as Intakes.

Greetings, "X"