Anyone know of a GOOD set of Headphones on a £20-£40 Budget

Lima123

Hello!, I am looking for some headphone currently. Does anyone know of any good Headphones that are OVEREAR, so like not sitting on my ear, literally around my whole ear. Kappa.

If anyone does know of a some headphones like that please paste a link below!

Any help is amazing

Thanks

~Liam

*EDIT* I listen to music a lot and play games as well if that helps with anything :) *

Superlux HD668b or Sennheiser HD201

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Superlux HD681 EVO or 668B. Superb audio quality for low price!

Superlux HD681 EVO or 668B. Superb audio quality for low price!

Thank you

Superlux HD668b or Sennheiser HD201

Thanks man

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Hello!, I am looking for some headphone currently. Does anyone know of any good Headphones that are OVEREAR, so like not sitting on my ear, literally around my whole ear. Kappa.

If anyone does know of a some headphones like that please paste a link below!

Any help is amazing

Thanks

~Liam

*EDIT* I listen to music a lot and play games as well if that helps with anything :) *

I'll have this moved to the Audio subforum so that it can better be answered :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'll have this moved to the Audio subforum so that it can better be answered :)

D: I didn't realize there was one :/ Thank you :D 

Have you ever used these before?

Yep, sound quality is decent for the price, and they have a nice amount of bass, which is good for both music, and with gaming - makes hearing footsteps on Counter Strike a bit better.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Yep, sound quality is decent for the price, and they have a nice amount of bass, which is good for both music, and with gaming - makes hearing footsteps on Counter Strike a bit better.

Are they over-ear or on-ear?

Are they over-ear or on-ear?

I used to use Fatal1ty headset before and I wouldn't pay over £10 for them. Once you experience proper good headphones (I currently use the Superlux HD681 EVO) you'll realize how bad the Fatal1ty are. The HD681 EVO is just so much better. If you need a mic, Zalman ZM-MIC1 clip-on mic is a quick and cheap fix.

I used to use Fatal1ty headset before and I wouldn't pay over £10 for them. Once you experience proper good headphones (I currently use the Superlux HD681 EVO) you'll realize how bad the Fatal1ty are. The HD681 EVO is just so much better. If you need a mic, Zalman ZM-MIC1 clip-on mic is a quick and cheap fix.

No, just no.

At the Sub £40 range, you won't really get much better. And those Superlux ones you mentioned isn't really "proper good" when it comes to headphones...

No, just no.

At the Sub £40 range, you won't really get much better. And those Superlux ones you mentioned isn't really "proper good" when it comes to headphones...

Superlux is a proper audio company. They may not make super expensive stuff, but what they do is great value, unlike "gaming headsets".

Superlux is a proper audio company. They may not make super expensive stuff, but what they do is great value, unlike "gaming headsets".

At that price point you really are not going to get anything that can really be considered better than those HS800's. And i've used them for a good couple years.

@OP If you could stretch to £45, these Gamecom 788's are quite nice - sound is nice, has adequate bass, and virtual 7.1.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-GameCom-788-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00LNJZTTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432229844&sr=8-1&keywords=gamecom+788

At that price point you really are not going to get anything that can really be considered better than those HS800's. And i've used them for a good couple years.

@OP If you could stretch to £45, these Gamecom 788's are quite nice - sound is nice, has adequate bass, and virtual 7.1.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-GameCom-788-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00LNJZTTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432229844&sr=8-1&keywords=gamecom+788

Virtual 7.1 shouldn't be considered a selling point..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Virtual 7.1 shouldn't be considered a selling point..

Depends, some people really like it. I like it myself but would rather have a high end stereo headset, like the DT990's i currently own.

Depends, some people really like it. I like it myself but would rather have a high end stereo headset, like the DT990's i currently own.

I have DT 990's too, there great I'm just saying any headset is capable of virtual 7.1 with software.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2