Linus Leaves NCIX; Founds Linus Media Group Inc

Enigmatic Runner

Somewhat old news that I didn't see mentioned here yet...Apparently Linus is no longer employed at NCIX (but will still be working on videos for them, I believe).

Anyway, hopefully it won't affect the forums? I mean, for what Linus has done for NCIX we should still be receiving that bandwidth that they've donated to the forum, right?

I wonder if Linus will still get early previews of new tech though? :X

Where did you get this intel?
I heard it from an NCIX employee; also, Linus himself confirmed it on NCIX's forums and his LinkedIn. Also, nice pun? XD

I really hope he still gets early previews as that is one the reasons I'm subscribed to his channel!

Proof with links please.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

I thought the LMG wasn't enough to pay for the diapers yet? Did he get a backer or something we are not in the know on?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

This happened about a month ago, and it will not affect the forums in any way, and I'm still going to be bringing you guys all the latest/hottest technology on the LinusTechTips, NCIXcom, and TechQuickie YouTube channels.

Thank you for clarifying that up for us Linus :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

This happened about a month ago, and it will not affect the forums in any way, and I'm still going to be bringing you guys all the latest/hottest technology on the LinusTechTips, NCIXcom, and TechQuickie YouTube channels.
Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you for everything you've done so far Linus (: Keep doing what you do good!

This is surprising, but I guess not much is changing as far as your content goes. Wish you all the best for the future! I'll certainly be watching your stuff for a long time to come.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

So I guess this is Linus's start as the "King of Tech Media" :D , better add the tag now before someone else takes it Linux!

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

So I guess this is Linus's start as the "King of Tech Media" :D , better add the tag now before someone else takes it Linux!
Judging from most, he is my king and insperation , WE LOVE YOU LINUS, id vote for him to be king :P

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

Damn Linus, Grats and good luck flying solo.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

I wish you all the best Linus.

Man time flies. Was just thinking, I know you (well virtually) since the Closet Gamer forum name back in ~2004

Corsair 800D - Corsair HX 1000 - Gigabyte X58A-UD5 - Intel Core i7 975 Extreme - Corsair H100 - Palit GTX 480 - 12GB Corsair Dominators 1600MHz - Samsung 830 240GB - Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23" IPS

Linus is going to dive deeper into being a new media entrepreneur? did you catch anything in the new media expo while you were at CES? leo laporte did a good keynote

also you'd be an awesome skype co-host/guest for their (TWiT's) weekly computer hardware show.

I wish you the best of luck with Linus Media.

As long as we get the hottest tech updates and unboxing its all gonna be fine :)

Glad that you are still creating videos that help lots of people. Keep up the good work Linus! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I don't think that it will be an issue for Linus to get access to the hardware. He has built a name for himself in the industry and decided to write his own paycheck rather than just endorse one. It is just smart business to start your own company if you can. I don't think he would have done this if he couldn't have continued doing what he loves. And now he doesn't have to limit himself to what NCIX sells.

Oh wow best of luck and does this mean I can get a job?

I dont thin he would leave and start his own business because hes going to risk not having a job and risk his family

I agree with tp95112, I don't think he would do that either. He can also work on his business while being at NCIX. There is no conflict of interest IMHO. Also, the NCIXcom channel is limited to what ncix sells, but the linus tech/cat tips channel is solely his. So in theory, he can post what ever the hell he wants on them.

Lastly, in light of the current economy, I don't think he'd risk it.

Main Gaming Rig/Folding Machine: Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz / H100 with Sickleflow Fans/ Corsair 600t / XFX 6950 / 16GB DDR3

Folding/Media PC: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/ Fractal Design Core 1000 / 4GB DDR2 

Ultrabook : Samsung NP530 Ultrabook. 

I don't mean to intrude but why did you leave your position as "Category Manager" ?

Also it's great to hear that you will still be bringing us great content .