CPU pump noise!

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

Ok. So its not a defective pump. I was thinking about return it and get a air cooler I am getting tired of have pump issue.

no all AiOs have a bit of air in them

you need to wait for a while until the microbubbles accumulate at one point of the lop and stop going through the pump which is what makes all the noise

mounting the radiator vertically speeds up this process a ton

Two days ago I exchanged my NZXT X61 for Corsair 100i GTX because my X61 had rattling sound on it's pump. Last night I noticed some noise coming from my 100i CPU pump. Its very low noise but sometimes it is audible. Is this ok or my CPU pump defect. https://youtu.be/nm9kSNZY5cI

CPU: Core I7 4790k @4.7Ghz MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 GPU:GTX 980 Ti SLI RAM: Corsair vengeance pro 16GB 2400Mhz Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 512 GB boot drive, WD black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000I Display: Samsung UD590D 4K monitor Cooling: Corsair H100I GTX Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 Operating System: Windows 8.1

Thats just air inside the loop

you can remove it by mounting your radiator vertically or tilting your case for a few weeks so that the tubing coming out of the radiator is the highest point, then put the case flat when the noise is gone

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

doesn't sound right, send an email or tweet to corsair? maybe try George.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

@Enderman put up this video a few days ago. You might have some air in your pump.

Wow I was just going to paste that link...

I got ninja'd with my own content! lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thats just air inside the loop

you can remove it by mounting your radiator vertically or tilting your case for a few weeks so that the tubing coming out of the radiator is the highest point, then put the case flat when the noise is gone

Ok. So its not a defective pump. I was thinking about return it and get a air cooler I am getting tired of have pump issue.

CPU: Core I7 4790k @4.7Ghz MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 GPU:GTX 980 Ti SLI RAM: Corsair vengeance pro 16GB 2400Mhz Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 512 GB boot drive, WD black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000I Display: Samsung UD590D 4K monitor Cooling: Corsair H100I GTX Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 Operating System: Windows 8.1

you need to wait for a while until the microbubbles accumulate at one point of the lop and stop going through the pump which is what makes all the noise

Spoiler

I see thanks for the Info.