Is the PS Vita worth it?

xRAGExSounDxRIOTX

I was thinking about buying it for AC and Jak and Daxter Collection and maybe any other games.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

its a very cool device, but the only problem with it is the the very few amount of games out for it. it has around 30 games right now

It's really cool, just doesnt have alot of games. I got a PSP the other day just to play Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron. Worth it. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I wanna play persona 4 golden soooo fricken badly. Im afraid that if i do then my vitaminD intake will drop even further which isnt good.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'm going to lurk this thread. this is something I've also been wondering.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I would wait for it to go down in price, which I believe will happen with the release of the ps4. I also think that it may not be worth it do to the lack of games. As a device it is very well built, I would just hold off and wait till the ps4 comes out to see what happens with it.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

Yeah my bro has it and he enjoys it, but wishes there was more.  Also the ps4 is supposed to allow the vita to act like the nvidia shield or w/e they are calling it now.  Could make it a little more worth it if you plan to buy both.

Yeah my bro has it and he enjoys it, but wishes there was more.  Also the ps4 is supposed to allow the vita to act like the nvidia shield or w/e they are calling it now.  Could make it a little more worth it if you plan to buy both.

I plan to buy the Xbox One first, then I will buy the PS4 second or I could ask my dad for it for Christmas.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I'm a total fanboy, but I would buy a vita for Persona 4: Golden. That game is absolutely amazing  B)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

my brother has a PS Vita, we bought a game for him it cost $80 and he finished it in one day. Now its just laying around because he finished all the games...

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

From what i heard AC on that sucks. I personally want one for Soul sacrifice and Persona 4 golden. 

In the US games are around $30/$40 and some of them like persona 4 golden are VERY long I think persona is like 60 hours but i could be wrong. As the platform gets more games i think it will get better :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

From what i heard AC on that sucks. I personally want one for Soul sacrifice and Persona 4 golden. 

In the US games are around $30/$40 and some of them like persona 4 golden are VERY long I think persona is like 60 hours but i could be wrong. As the platform gets more games i think it will get better :D

You can easily kill 100+ hours in P4, not to mention P4G and it's extra content  B)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I personally am not a fan of handhelds at all(DS being the only handheld I have owned). Im just not interested in the games they have to offer. And there is lots being said about how mobile gaming will take over(again i doubt it will take over console and PC gaming=no way) but there is a pretty good chance of it taking over handheld gaming imo because many,many people have smartphones nowadays and the games are getting better and better.

But anyway back on topic: If you like the games the Vita has to offer and if there are enough games that will satisfy you then I would say get it I guess. If not then dont get it because it would just collect dust.

The potential is there but the lack of software just isn't worth it (back that up with crazy storage prices). Only get it if you like lots of the playstation store games. There needs to be a group of people that are trying to hack the thing to run custom homebrew apps. 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves! 

The potential is there but the lack of software just isn't worth it (back that up with crazy storage prices). Only get it if you like lots of the playstation store games. There needs to be a group of people that are trying to hack the thing to run custom homebrew apps. 

Already exists. Check out http://wololo.net/vhbl/

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Already exists. Check out http://wololo.net/vhbl/

wow, how come I never heard of it? XD is it stable and how well does it run emulators? I see vita cames on torrent sites sometimes and never knew exactly how to load them XD not that I pirate :P

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves! 

Oh yeah, there's another thing to consider.

If you buy a PS4 (or PS3 (or both)) and a Vita, PlayStation Plus will provide you with free games for each device. I only have a PS3 at the moment but have more than 10 free games waiting for when I buy a Vita. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Oh yeah, there's another thing to consider.

If you buy a PS4 (or PS3 (or both)) and a Vita, PlayStation Plus will provide you with free games for each device. I only have a PS3 at the moment but have more than 10 free games waiting for when I buy a Vita. :)

I have a PS3 ( My Dad's ) and I'll get a PS4 ( or my Dad will ) because I'm more on the Xbox One than PS4 but both have great games and online services. I think once I get my job I'll either buy PS+ or  save up for a PS4. I tend to buy PS3 games for the Single player rather than Multiplayer (Killzone, Little Big Planet, and so on ) so that's why I'm maybe getting the Xbox One first. I'm still not sure on which one to buy first because they're basically the same and both have about the same amount great games IMO. Also, I think I want to try out a Final Fantasy game, which one do you recommend to start on? ( If you play them )

wow, how come I never heard of it? XD is it stable and how well does it run emulators? I see vita cames on torrent sites sometimes and never knew exactly how to load them XD not that I pirate :P

lol, I think they have a few emulators working on it but I'm not sure. They do this thing where you have to know the game that the exploit works for, so you must download the game before it gets patched.

I opted out because the exploit doesn't have kernel access, which means I can't play my PSP collection on it anyway

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I have a PS3 ( My Dad's ) and I'll get a PS4 ( or my Dad will ) because I'm more on the Xbox One than PS4 but both have great games and online services. I think once I get my job I'll either buy PS+ or  save up for a PS4. I tend to buy PS3 games for the Single player rather than Multiplayer (Killzone, Little Big Planet, and so on ) so that's why I'm maybe getting the Xbox One first. I'm still not sure on which one to buy first because they're basically the same and both have about the same amount great games IMO. Also, I think I want to try out a Final Fantasy game, which one do you recommend to start on? ( If you play them )

I'm not really an expert on Final Fantasy to be honest. But the ones I would recommend that I know are good are Final Fantasy 10 for the PS2 and probably Final Fantasy 7 for the PS1. Never got to play the latter but it seems to be the most well loved of the franchise. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I love my Vita. But, like others have said, games are a little lacking for it right now. Generally speaking, what's out is pretty good, but I only ever use mine when I travel or deploy. Which isn't often. And even then I'm just replaying games that I've already beaten or whatever comes out with new DLC.

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

I really like my Vita when I am indeed playing it. It collects dust for a good while until I burst down a game in succession. Most of the use I get out of it is during poor weather or when I'm out of the house in waiting rooms for appointments. If I must nitpick I would have to say I loathe the back touch pad (still longing for my PSP grip).

Depending on how much you intend on playing your Vita and how much you end up having to spend I would or wouldn't recommend it. I think a lot of the games are quality titles and playstation plus is a must. If you powerhouse your games and don't really build up a backlog I'm not sure there would be enough games out to keep up with that pace.

I've had a playstation plus subscription since 2011 as well. I don't buy many games for either my PS3 or Vita. I selectively play games I have received for free, with some exceptions, and don't mind if they suck.

I bought my Assassins Creed III Liberation Vita Bundle for $40.28 in November during an amazon gold box deal w/ a couple of promos and trade-in credit for getting rid of my 3DS. The memory card was another $80 or so, but for what I get for free it paid for itself already.

There are multiple games I would like to play on the platform still, but haven't gotten around to or I'm waiting for some sales on the games in particular.

• Persona 4 Golden
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Zero Escape : Virtue's Last Reward (ps+ reward)
  • Gravity Rush (ps+ reward)
  • Muramasa Rebirth
  • Soul Sacrifice

I've finished Uncharted Golden Abyss (ps+ reward) and enjoyed it. I've started Gravity Rush which is pretty fun. I play Jet Set Radio (ps+ reward) on occasion. Some of the PSP games that are playable on the Vita are awesome as well.

Its a good device. Too bad it didn't catch steam. I was pretty close to buying one myself. The amount of usage I got one out of the first gen one was ridiculous.  

It is a good device but mine had a squeaky left shoulder and the people at GAME the shop i bought it from would not replace it. Anyway it was a good device, i had Call of Duty, Fifa 12, Little Big Planet and Uncharted. I sold it on ebay made back the money and bought the PSP E-1000 lol. I loved the original PSP and still play on this as much as i used to. Anyway the PS VITA is good but wait for a price drop. Here in the UK the price has come down by £30 since i bought it so i say wait a little longer, until the PS4 comes out and then decide if you really want it or if it was just a little thing you wanted know but not after. 

If you like a 3DS get that :P Brilliant little console