gpu upgrade

Go to solution Solved by ADZ_123_!"£,

You could upgrade but it would be the most rediculous bottleneck in the world.

Hi
i look  to upgrade my Grafic card from amd hd 7770 1gb GDDR5 for gtx 970 i haw 500w psu
motherboard: 

MB FM2 A55 MSI FM2-A55M-E33

http://www.winwin.rs/maticna-ploca-mb-fm2-a55-msi-fm2-a55m-e33-pcie-ddr3-sata2-glan-7-1-usb2-1157885.html
CPU: MD Athlon™ X4 Quad-Core 750K, Black edition
realy dont want to 
upgrade enithing else.
can i upgrade ?

What exact PSU. You should be able to, but not all 500w psu's are equal.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

As this dude said

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

^^^^^ Get a GPU and CPU or else you would be wasting money.

860k and R9 280 should be fine fine for you. You might also need a motherboard upgrade for CPU, MSI A78M E35 is a great board.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

i know but i realy thigt on buget

Provided that power supply is decent quality and has the proper power connectors, yes, you'd be fine.

That CPU will dictate performance over the video card in certain games, but if you don't want to upgrade it then that's just something you'll have to work around. I still think a video card upgrade is worth it more often than not, though.

Makes it quite simple, no.

If you really want a better gpu, you need a better cpu.. 

If you really still want to upgrade, then i'd suggest start with the CPU and get an i5.

What exact PSU. You should be able to, but not all 500w psu's are equal.

EE-ATX-500W-IR

One 970 costs about $340

For the same amount of money go and get yourself this:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mFcWdC

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mFcWdC/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($62.10 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.10 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($232.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $364.18

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-20 12:12 EDT-0400

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

^^^^^ Get a GPU and CPU or else you would be wasting money.

860k and R9 280 should be fine fine for you. You might also need a motherboard upgrade for CPU, MSI A78M E35 is a great board.

hah That is basicly a new pc and that a lot of money

EE-ATX-500W-IR

That PSU is nowhere near 500w.

EE-ATX-500W-IR_slika_O_34116021.jpg

It only has 18A on 12V rail which makes it 216W.

psu_005.jpg

decent 500w psu has double that. Highly unlikely that it will work.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

hah That is basicly a new pc and that a lot of money

And you will be bottlenecking your card like hell with the pc you have at the moment.

One 970 costs about $340

For the same amount of money go and get yourself this:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mFcWdC

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mFcWdC/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($62.10 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.10 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($232.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $364.18

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-20 12:12 EDT-0400

That cpu is worse then i have now ?

That cpu is worse then i have now ?

No it's the exact opposite.

psu_005.jpg

psu_005.jpg

well it writes on it 500w idk i use 150 w at most

well it writes on it 500w idk i use 150 w at most

But with a 970 you will be using nearly 500 watts which that crappy psu can't provide.

But with a 970 you will be using nearly 500 watts which that crappy psu can't provide.

not 500w, but definitely more than that crappy psu can provide.

Spoiler

Doesnt the 750k have better IPC than the Piledrivers? It could be quite ok if you oc it nicely. He can still upgrade his cpu later down the road, if he spends his money on a 280 now and later upgrades his cpu he will yet again have to buy a new gpu.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

not 500w, but definitely more than that crappy psu can provide.

great so you telling me to buy a new pc

i wud like to buy part online but my country have somting taht is caled carina (serbia translated form google costoms)

so i dont know if i buy online somting exensive more then 200 € will it cauction it ? (i think its called cauction)?

here in serbia price are a lot higer on gtx970 400€ for gtx970 from amazon 300$ from america so i know it is worth

to buy thrue internet outside of serbia

i wud like to buy part online but my country have somting taht is caled carina (serbia translated form google costoms)

so i dont know if i buy online somting exensive more then 200 € will it cauction it ? (i think its called cauction)?

here in serbia price are a lot higer on gtx970 400€ for gtx970 from amazon 300$ from america so i know it is worth

europe has more taxes that is why you cannot compare prices to us prices.

Spoiler

how when its dual core and 3.2 ghz and mine is 4 cores 3.4 ghz ?

More like < 300 Watts, but still more than this PSU can reliably provide.

67932.png

Sorry, but at a minimum you'll need a better power supply to run a GTX 970. You could get by with your CPU and motherboard, though as I said earlier, it's going to slow you down in some games.

The other alternative is to go with a different video card with a lower power demands, such as a GTX 750 Ti. It's only a little faster than an HD 7770 but needs even less power.

More like < 300 Watts, but still more than this PSU can reliably provide.

67932.png

Sorry, but at a minimum you'll need a better power supply to run a GTX 970. You could get by with your CPU and motherboard, though as I said earlier, it's going to slow you down in some games.

The other alternative is to go with a different video card with a lower power demands, such as a GTX 750 Ti. It's a little faster than an HD 7770 and uses even less power.

i get it that cpu is big bottle neck but i i buy it that meen that if cpu works 100 % that gpu works 25 % ?

and by the whay i use 1024x768 resolution so i dont think taht needs some extrime grafic card but i want to max all setings at battlefield 4 assasin creed 5 and others demanding game

i get it that cpu is big bottle neck but i i buy it that meen that if cpu works 100 % that gpu works 25 % ?

and by the whay i use 1024x768 resolution so i dont think taht needs some extrime grafic card but i want to max all setings at battlefield 4 assasin creed 5 and others demanding game

get 750ti, it will not max anything but you won't have to upgrade the psu atleast.

Spoiler