SilverStone Headphone Stand Design Contest

I still need to sit down and find the ttime to go through 800 entires, so iot might take a bit.. :(

are we talking about weeks? months? years?

I just got an email about a headphone stand that attaches to the edge of a desk. Wonder if I could incorporate an attachment like that into my design somehow?

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hengja-the-headphone-desk-hanger

Maybe an angled lower lip that is spread by the edge of the desktop and its held in place by the spring action of the metal grip? or should it be a screw down style mechanism? Remove the possibility of the mount failing from wear or tension?

• 3 weeks later...

....  <_<  Bump....    :D

talk about a useless post. 

it will be updated once the great mighty linus finishes to review them all. be patient. it will take more time.

I haven't even finished thinking about how one goes about reviewing 300+ screw-mounted peice of plastic !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

• 1 month later...

I have a question.

once (if ever :P) the contest and evaluation is done.  is there any way of getting our 3d printed model ?

as I don't have a 3d printer and id like to own mine.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

• 3 weeks later...

I made it to the final! still put together wrong :P

A27yU6y.png

RqQToNc.png

The bottom piece was for a hidden cable management. I really hope I can have my 3d printed model sent to me too.

I am so stoked I made it into the final as well man, and it was with one of my shittier designs that doesn't have some of the changes that they wanted me to make! Does anyone know how I could contact Linus to send him one of my other designs that I submitted but MyMiniFactory didn't print? I have a feeling respectfully that SilverStone isn't going to go with that final design.....

I am so stoked I made it into the final as well man, and it was with one of my shittier designs that doesn't have some of the changes that they wanted me to make! Does anyone know how I could contact Linus to send him one of my other designs that I submitted but MyMiniFactory didn't print? I have a feeling respectfully that SilverStone isn't going to go with that final design.....

Which design was yours? I've been trying to get in contact with Linus but no luck. I would really like to get my printed model too if its possible

Which design was yours? I've been trying to get in contact with Linus but no luck. I would really like to get my printed model too if its possible

Mine is @ 6:00min in the video on Vessel.

I really liked that one aesthetically, I was hoping there was wire management on the mounting plate 

mine is the one right after yours ;) 

Linus didn't butcher my name completly :D I think the letter "ö" is pretty hard to pronounce as native english speaker, so he did well.

Happy to see so much positive feedback on the design. Most of the parts Linus mentioned i considered when designing the stand, i tried those things in designs and it didn't quiet look as nice as the finished design. Maybe the backplate could have been a bit larger. But the supportarm would have looked kind of silly. 

mine is the one right after yours ;)

Linus didn't butcher my name completly :D I think the letter "ö" is pretty hard to pronounce as native english speaker, so he did well.

Happy to see so much positive feedback on the design. Most of the parts Linus mentioned i considered when designing the stand, i tried those things in designs and it didn't quiet look as nice as the finished design. Maybe the backplate could have been a bit larger. But the supportarm would have looked kind of silly. 

I remember seeing your model on myminifactory but i never noticed the cable management feature built into the mount, very nice  ;) 

he didn't exactly pronounce my name right either, its Fla - vin not Flae - vin but it seems to be common when people read it. :P

I really liked that one aesthetically, I was hoping there was wire management on the mounting plate 

Trust me, I considered it. I submitted so many designs and only a few MyMiniFactory actually put up (mostly because they messed up and didn't care to actually stand by their word), but if you want to check it out, here's a link to my design process which has renders of each of my designs. I can also post an STL file if you'd be interested in downloading it, since MyMiniFactory takes forever and loses things. 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/27181569/SilverStone-Design-Competition

Trust me, I considered it. I submitted so many designs and only a few MyMiniFactory actually put up (mostly because they messed up and didn't care to actually stand by their word), but if you want to check it out, here's a link to my design process which has renders of each of my designs. I can also post an STL file if you'd be interested in downloading it, since MyMiniFactory takes forever and loses things.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/27181569/SilverStone-Design-Competition

Wow I love your whole design process. I'm not nearly as fancy as that :P I just had some previous experience using sketchup and took it from there, I really wanted to make a render with headphones on it but I had no idea how to so I left it out, it would have definitely sorted the mix up.

How do people know they made it to the next stage? I cant find a video anywhere or any mention of it, was private emails sent out instead?

How do people know they made it to the next stage? I cant find a video anywhere or any mention of it, was private emails sent out instead?

vessel

it is coming today on youtube

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Nagby said:

and I got it

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B81HnTZjTpw6OXhKd19vdkJiNms?usp=sharing

(sorry for the blurry pics, didn't have my tripod)

pretty nicely made, but honestly i have no use for it xD

so it took about 20 months from contest beginning to product on market

And a few more weeks for a video :D

17 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

And a few more weeks for a video :D

Writting from Denmark.

It's what, 3.30 in the morning in Canada? Do you ever sleep Linus? :D

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |