SilverStone Headphone Stand Design Contest

This product itself is quite nice would love it in gold though. I dont care much about the wall mounted variant.

However this is a bit pricey. If it was around the $30 range I would get one, but $57 on amazon is a bit steep for me.

I guess because I don't own $300+ cans I wouldn't understand.

da_deity

Wow good deal, better then must of the other crap. Finally something that isn't plastic and overpriced, getting one! Here I come.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Proud owner of two SilverStone EBA01s checking in:

DSC00255_zps6br8clgv.jpg

I've always considered it to be a grossly underrated product.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

1st... This video, exactly I agree! Seen that MassDrop and was like "REALLY?!?!"

2nd... Amazon and NCIX links only show the white version.

3rd... It is still $60 - 80 for something that holds headphones. This is really something that should be in the $10 - 25 range unless you have some $600 cans and just don't care about money.

4th... I want to get a stand for my DT990 Pro 250 Ohm headphones but I am not going to pay $60 to satisfy that want. No matter how nice and solid the product is. A simple metal stand or metal vice clip that hangs off the desk for $20 and I will buy it right now.

I disagree with the statement at 3:25. I personally think that the the wood headphone stands look awesome and I'm seriously considering getting one now because they look so awesome. And the whole "Why are you getting X when Y does a similar thing but at a lower price" can be said about a lot of things, especially computer hardware related stuff

1. Headset stands, People actually use those? I don't, but I guess I don't have a $400 (pair?) of headphones. 

"Solid Anodise Aluminium construction" "You could kill a man with this thing"

Tomorrows headline for CTV news

Another Surrey Gangster murder by headphone stand. 

Am I the only one who's mind begins to think really strangely when they say "Or whatever else you buy on Amazon"? 

I have the Logitech G930 (http://amzn.to/1iR1wjn) and I have a headphone holder. It clamps onto the desk add-on thing that my computer is on, I like using it because I don't always use my headphones and when I'm not, I don't want it to be on my desk.

I have my own perfect idea for a headstand, but sadly I'm incapable of drawing or graphical design on a computer.

I can't do 3D design but can someone please do a wall mounted erect dick with balls for the trolls.

WTF?????

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

WTF?????

Didn't they say they will 3D print every entry and ship it to the designer to see that it's freezable and if that's the case how awesome would it be to have a dick sticking out of your wall to hang your headphones off of.

My new goal is to learn 3D modeling before entry's end.

Wow really cool competition. as it turns out I'm studying industrial design  :D

Any more details on the design brief?

- Should it hold a pair or two of headphones or be something more tailored for LMG?

- Any idea on the manufacture process for the aluminium (i.e. formed or cast)?

- Can it be screwed in to the wall?

^I second this especially, how many headphones should one mount hold?

The award fits...

No one tagged me yet????

Im the literal Silverstone fan-boy

(My avatar is a Silverstone fan)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I bought a Thermal-take Headset holder from memory express and its fantastic, 30 dollars and an aluminum construction make it a good competitor to this Silverstone stand.

01.jpg

Ok I have a question here!

A while back I designed and printed a headphone stand for a class. (let me see if I can find the link... Ah here it is http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/325277-3d-printing-a-headphone-hook-for-a-case/#entry4417835)

Anyway it's not a wall mounted design but rather a 5.25" bay mounted one.

I was wondering, for the scope of the contest if it had to be wall mounted? If so I'll just edit the design slightly so it can be a multi-functional ;)

Oh and probably remove the LTT branding haha :P

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Like Linus Said: "there's a lot of stands out there" That's why i would like to make the perfect stand for people with the features they want. I made a survey so that you can tel me what you want to be included!

Well, I made my own in welding school while I was a TIG trainee.

http://imgur.com/a/eF9xx

Made it out of random pieces of scrap metal and pipes arround the workshop. Spray painted the thing and there you go, a DIY headphone stand.

Looks kinda meh, but I didn't care because it's DIY and it works  :)

Can we get more information about the desired manufacturing method of the aluminium version or is it not decided yet? It's very different to design for milling or for laser cutting and bending etc.

I just made a model up this afternoon in AutoCAD Inventor and submitted it.

It's deployable for safety and aesthetics, but it can't be completely 3D printed as a finished product, so hopefully that's okay.

I picture it having a spring-loaded depress to release mechanism like you see in some kitchen cupboards.

post-230025-0-21143100-1432126274_thumb.

post-230025-0-39229900-1432126286_thumb.

post-230025-0-49293700-1432126302_thumb.

Ok now, that's a way to shake things up a bit. I see the future here... Consumer driven design process. That's just plain cool guys. 

A hook on my wall is all I need...

so for designing their product, I'd get 2 headphone stands....

ok....

Think I might pass...

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'm more in the market for a $30 headphone stand. Most of these stands are rivaling what I paid for the actual headset and that's not getting me motivated.

This is a gorgeous stand I must admit! I actually use an old shampoo bottle with sand inside it, works really well but looks a bit... yeah.

Awesome stuff Linus, keep it up dude! ^.=.^

Also, @1:28 in the video (not complaining, just thought it was rather funny)
*first reaction* That tangled mess! o_o

*second reaction* My EYES! The whiteness! It's too much! O_O

Mod it till it breaks! ^.=.^