The game that started it all for you!

So I'm curious to know, what was the game that started it all for you guys?

The very first game that you ever played that put you on the track to being the ever loving gamer you are today!

Feel free to include some box art of the game, or if you still happen to have a physical copy of the game include that as well!

The very first game I ever played was Super Metroid for the SNES and I still have the original cartridge which still hold the first file I ever made in the game.

My first game was Space Invaders on the Atari 2600 Jr, (as well as a shoe box of full of other games like Centipede, Zaxxon etc etc

But the first to really get me hooked was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Mega drive, man that game was awesome and later Spyro was my fist PS1 game

I still play those games and consoles even now

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Pokemon..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

MS Pinball Win 95.  The things I did as a 6 year old to access my pc.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

The first games I ever played was Rise of the Triads and the original Doom.

I played those in 1994, so I guess those.

My dad always says, that he has been a gamer since Pong, which I find hard to believe.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Ratchet & Clank 2, and I still think it's brilliant.

Rather than pick the first game I've ever played, I'll pick the game that brought me to the state I am at now:

Fallout 3. 

I used to play Gran Turismo, I used to play Mario Party, I used to play Super Smash Brothers. (I still do, but still.) Fallout 3, I was introduced to, in late 2008.(Think: Christmas.) 

It was on PC, and I instantly fell in love with it. None of my other family members appreciated it like I did. I first saw my brother play it on the Xbox 360, and he thought it was alright at best. I was so immersed in the world, even just spectating over his shoulder. When I got it in PC, I felt like I was my character. I felt like I was truly responsible, and that, being I was only 12 at the time, I felt like my decisions really affected the world around me. Like the choice to blow up Megaton or not. It's what really introduced me to modding, and to PC gaming. Before then, I'd played a few MMOs, but it's what brought me to different PC communities, and led me to Oblivion. 

I'm sure a lot of you will answer with "Doom" in a retort to this, but that's my answer! :-)

Fallout 3. 

A while back, whenever I called over to my neighbor's house, he'd almost always be playing that game.

I think I'll pick it up myself at some point.

Good answer though =) 

A while back, whenever I called over to my neighbor's house, he'd almost always be playing that game.

I think I'll pick it up myself at some point.

Good answer though =) 

I can't recommend it more! Especially after Bethesda removed GFWL from it!

I don't remember my first game but DK: Country, SSX Tricky + 3 and Mario Kart were huge games for me when I was very young.

Wasn't the first game I played and it wasn't even on the first system I owned (I had a Gameboy, Sega Master System and a PC before I got the SNES). But if I'm being perfectly honest? Donkey Kong Country was the game that first really "clicked" with me. It was challenging, visually impressive, clever and the soundtrack was awesome. I could probably nail it down even further and point specifically to this level:

gets my heartrate up just listening to that music  :)

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I would say goldeneye on the N64.

ohh the multiplayer fun and the cheats, those where good.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

Japanese version Pokemon Yellow, got stuck several times but still managed to finish it, had to memorize some kanji for moves and items lol.

also Siphon Filter 3 on the PS1 was the first shooter game that got me hooked.

Mine was probably Final Fight on the arcade as this was before I owned any consoles.

After that I think it was probably Tank 1990 & Track & Field on the NES.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Pokemon Fire Red, on the GameBoy Advance SP. My Parents were totally against gaming, so my uncle bought the setup for me for Christmas.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Pokemon haha.

[MOBO:Asus sabertooth z97 Mark 1] [CPU:Intel i7 4790k 4.6 Ghz] [GPU:Asus gtx 980 STRIX SLI] [RAM:Corsair vengance 16GB] [HDD:Western digital 2TB black series] [SSD:Samsung 850 EVO 500GB] [PSU:EVGA 850w G2 Supernova] [CASE:NZXT Phantom 820 ATX] [KEYBOARD:Corsair K70 RGB] [MOUSE:Logitech G502]

My first game was Space Invaders on the Atari 2600 Jr, (as well as a shoe box of full of other games like Centipede, Zaxxon etc etc

But the first to really get me hooked was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Mega drive, man that game was awesome and later Spyro was my fist PS1 game

I still play those games and consoles even now

Atari 2600 w/Space Invaders etc as well

Atari 2600 w/Space Invaders etc as well

Whoo Atari FTW

I remember the game Crystal Castles.. the game freaked the absolute fuck out of me when I was a kid.. and well it still does now

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Several games actually. 

Red Alert, Spyro and Tekken

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

One day back when I was a little kid I saw my dad playing Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back.

Since that moment I have gamed with no regrets. #wurf

Git Gud.

The first game I ever took seriously would probably be..

Command and Conquer.

Had it on a old Win. 98 PC. It was fantastic.

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

Super mario world on the snes started gaming for me when i was but 4 years old

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Starfox for the SNES :3. Corneria Music still rings in my head to this day.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD