Like the video, but whats wrong with the audio?

So Basically great flagship phone with alot of problems that need ironing out?

MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G45 CPU: I5-4670 GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB RAM: 16GB ADATA PC3 1333MHz(got them free) PSU: SeaSonic MK2 620w CASE: Sharkoon Tauron OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Steelseries Shift Mouse: G502 

I`ve been eyeing this phone for quite some time . What I don't understand is that they say the ze551ml ( 5.5 inch , 1080p , 2 gb ram , 1.8 ghz cpu ) is 200$ while in amazon and other stores is around 250$ at minimum . 

Linus commented on YouTube:

Life is rarely this simple. I was at the office late filming by myself and didn't pick up the loosened mic cable. By the time I came into the office the next day (had to film at ncix in the morning) it was too late to re-film the entire video and delaying it would have caused a 4-5 day delay since we had something else scheduled for Tuesday and Monday was a holiday here. I figured people would prefer a relatively minor issue rather than a long delay on the video.

I don't usually comment, but as I really care for the quality of LTT, I feel I had to give my two cents about this video.

I know right?! Someone on the internet giving his opinion? Amazing!

I get that some people prefer an earlier release of a video than the best sound quality, and everyone is entitled to that opinion. Couple things bother me:

1) This is not a minor issue, but an unbearable issue.

2) Do you want to keep this video as-is in your YouTube archive, amongst all other reviews of this phone with good audio quality?

3) Did Linus not mention on a WAN show that he was done with embargos and would want to publish reviews in his own time, that is to say not when the manufacturer wants him to post it? What happened to that?

4) Backup mic. Not a backup lav mic, but a backup shotgun mic on channel two.

Therefore I would have refilmed the video, even if that meant a delay.

And yes, I know how painful that is, but I wouldn't want to have this in my professional archive.

Again, my two cents. Still love you guys! ^_^

I have had this phone (the one with 32gb of storage and 4gb of ram) for about 3 weeks now and i have to say that it is a great phone but i think there are many things asus need to do to improve this phone from going from the motorola moto G i have found some things quite irritating such as endless number of apps that come pre-installed and the "mobo market" app which i guess i got as it was ordered from china (to bypass release dates), but i have found this to be the most programmable phone I have ever owned as you have the ability to enable features such as when you double tap on the screen it goes to sleep or wakes up and another cool feature is the "one handed mode" which allows you to scale the use able screen size down to a more usable size so that you have full coverage of the phone when you only have use of one hand and usability when only having one hand can be on of the biggest down sides to 5.5" phones also the volume controls on the back are also in a well designed place on the phone so that it is easily accessed with one hand. The battery on this phone I would of liked to be bigger as under heavy use all day it may only last to 6pm but i suppose this is not much of a problem as nowadays many people carry around battery packs for charging their devices.

Finally I think that this phone is a great phone for its price but I would like to see some updates from asus to optimise the phone to last longer and use less of its ram

Just remembered I am not sure if this is a problem due to lollipop but the feature of operating spotify or any other app from the lock screen or notifications bar does not work.

Oh dear god this video is so washed out. Only 50 shades of gray are available.

i7 3770K @4.3Ghz, H100, 16GB RAM, Windforce 780Ti & 680, HyperX 3K 120GB SSD, Seagate 500GB, WD 2TB Black, Asus Z-77 V-PRO, Some ODD, 3X 24" 1080P

I don't get asus phone naming scheme 

Zenfone 2 > Zenfone  6???

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Hi Linus. I'm aware that life may not have been easy for you. However I would have liked this video to been shot under better circumstances, even if it means not releasing it on the nanosecond the embargo goes out. This video feels overall like a step backwards compared to the other LMG videos you have been putting out lately. Once again, circumstances might not have been ideal but I just want to get my 2 cents out there

can you guys help me, so, this or the moto g 2nd gen?

i really like the stock android experience, but am i giving up on too much if i pick the moto g?

I really don't understand the big fuss about the audio and general video quality. I almost did not notice it while watching the video. Also even with the issues that people have with this video, it is still of a significantly higher quality than may of LTT's early videos back when it was associated more directly with NCIX. All these videos are still on youtube, so I don't see why people have issues from a portfolio perspective either.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

nghhh, if there only was a EU release date/info set for this, time to trade in my 4S

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Anyone else noticing some buzzing or static in the background of the video?

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

Seems to be what I'm looking for at that price hopefully my country's market doesn't blow the pirce out of proportion as is usually done.

I'd gotten this phone more or less on release date here in my neck of the woods, it's wicked fast but like Linus had mentioned, the bloatware is a tad much. Still, with its quad core Atom CPU + 4GB RAM, you don't really 'feel' it at all in actual use. Mine cost me about 290USD for the 5.5" 32GB built-in memory + 4GB RAM model, I like it.....been using previous flagship Sammies like the G3 -> G4 -> Note 3, also using an LG G Pro 2 as my main phone with the ZF2 as my backup phone as I have two SIM cards. 

1_zpsh93hogzn.jpg

@Sharif - The reason why it's called the Zenfone 2 while the prtevious models were called Zenfone 5 and Zenfone 6 was due to a change in naming nomenclature. The ZF 5 and ZF 6 were named according to screen size. Asus named the ZF 2 as such because it's the second generation Zenfone......I believe.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I'd gotten this phone more or less on release date here in my neck of the woods, it's wicked fast but like Linus had mentioned, the bloatware is a tad much. Still, with its quad core Atom CPU + 4GB RAM, you don't really 'feel' it at all in actual use. Mine cost me about 290USD for the 5.5" 32GB built-in memory + 4GB RAM model, I like it.....been using previous flagship Sammies like the G3 -> G4 -> Note 3, also using an LG G Pro 2 as my main phone with the ZF2 as my backup phone as I have two SIM cards. 

1_zpsh93hogzn.jpg

@Sharif - The reason why it's called the Zenfone 2 while the prtevious models were called Zenfone 5 and Zenfone 6 was due to a change in naming nomenclature. The ZF 5 and ZF 6 were named according to screen size. Asus named the ZF 2 as such because it's the second generation Zenfone......I believe.

oohhhhh~ Thanks 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Why was this posted on vessel and YouTube consecutively, isn't vessel supposed to be ahead?

Heyyo,

ERAMGURDH

i actually think i may buy one, that or a alkatel idol 3

i had a scare on weather it worked on my network or nah

Tbh you're better off with the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 if you want price to performance. The Idol 3 also features stereo front facing speakers that rival HTC's in their flagships. The camera quality is probably similar to the Zenfone 2 tbh which is disappointing since Asus first advertised a good camera on this unless they were only talking about the Zenfone Zoom...

Otherwise? The OnePlus One offers better build quality and a better camera and similar performance at a slightly higher price point.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Pretty sure it does quick charge, but it's not from qualcomm.

Yeah, it's an Intel SoC so it definitely is not using the rival Qualcomm quick charging.

I was really hyped about this phone until the S6 dropped.  Now after reading some benchmarks, though certainly a great phone for the value, I will be going with the S6 for sure.

Considering it's about £260 in the UK, I think it's the perfect upgrade from my 2 year old nexus 5