Witcher 3 first impressions: what do you think?

Adreyu

I like it, the story line is compelling and the combat is fun. im having a little trouble with the scenery though the wind blowing makes it look kind of warped. 

What do you guys think?

I haven't had a chance to boot it up yet. Looking to get some quality time in shortly.

Corsair 700D | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i7 4790K | Corsair H110 | EVGA GTX 980Ti SOC ACX | Patriot 1600LL - 4 x 4GB |

Crucial C300 128GB SSD | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | Western Digital Black 1TB | Corsair AX850 Pro Gold | ASUS Xonar DS |

I haven't had a chance to boot it up yet. Looking to get some quality time in shortly.

i had about 2 and a half hours. i figure thats a good amount of time to get a bit of the scope of things

I am in work right now and the time freezed for me. I want be home and play!!!!

I am in work right now and the time freezed for me. I want be home and play!!!!

soon my friend, soooooon

I've logged about 79 hours so far. Scenery is great, graphics are impressive, though there are hints of downgrades for consoles. Combat is exciting and fast-paced, and the voice-acting is great. Plus, the soundtrack really ties it all together. 

(Wait, we're not talking about Grand Theft Auto V? Have we all moved on? Was it just a fad? Am I alone!?)

2 hours. So far it behaves unlike any other games since even without vsynch it never moves from 60 FPS is pretty much pegged there. I am running everything on high but nothing at ultra, very few times dropped to maybe 55 FPS. I cranked a few things to ultra and it did not made that much of a noticeable difference yet the framerates dropped to low and mid 40s with some slight macro stuttering so I turned everything back down to high.

Yes it doesn't looks as good as the trailers from 2013, it still looks pretty good, not as good as Modded Skyrim on some aspects but definitely performs leagues and bounds better with a lot more things animated and a lot more details around.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I've logged about 79 hours so far. Scenery is great, graphics are impressive, though there are hints of downgrades for consoles. Combat is exciting and fast-paced, and the voice-acting is great. Plus, the soundtrack really ties it all together. 

(Wait, we're not talking about Grand Theft Auto V? Have we all moved on? Was it just a fad? Am I alone!?)

lol grand theft auto 5 isnt going anywhere, but the witcher deserves some attention. have you noticed the tree bending thing i was talking about?

lol grand theft auto 5 isnt going anywhere, but the witcher deserves some attention. have you noticed the tree bending thing i was talking about?

I haven't played it myself, but watching some streams, I did notice that. It felt similar to the drunken camera in Grand Theft Auto. Just gave me a very.. odd feeling.

I haven't played it myself, but watching some streams, I did notice that. It felt similar to the drunken camera in Grand Theft Auto. Just gave me a very.. odd feeling.

it was giving me a bit of trouble focusing. im wondering if thats just an artistic choice 

2 hours. So far it behaves unlike any other games since even without vsynch it never moves from 60 FPS is pretty much pegged there. I am running everything on high but nothing at ultra, very few times dropped to maybe 55 FPS. I cranked a few things to ultra and it did not made that much of a noticeable difference yet the framerates dropped to low and mid 40s with some slight macro stuttering so I turned everything back down to high.

Yes it doesn't looks as good as the trailers from 2013, it still looks pretty good, not as good as Modded Skyrim on some aspects but definitely performs leagues and bounds better with a lot more things animated and a lot more details around.

i noticed that too. i have it maxed out on y 970 getting about 55 on average. never below 50 though.

i noticed that too. i have it maxed out on y 970 getting about 55 on average. never below 50 though.

I'm really hoping that I can get a good frame rate with good visuals when my second 780 gets here tomorrow. Here's to hoping!

I'm really hoping that I can get a good frame rate with good visuals when my second 780 gets here tomorrow. Here's to hoping!

i think you will probably be fine :P

So far it's everything I expecting. I'm most surprised at my gpu, though. With everything set to ultra expect distant foliage, I'm averaging around 45 fps!

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

I'm enjoying it so far. Haven't had any performance issues or crashes at all so that's a massive plus.

Definitely enjoy the combat too, not sure why people call it clunky. I find it very fluid.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

I'm enjoying it so far. Haven't had any performance issues or crashes at all so that's a massive plus.

Definitely enjoy the combat too, not sure why people call it clunky. I find it very fluid.

I agree, very enjoyable combat

2 hours in so far and I love it, I've never played an RPG for more than an hour then ached to play it again like I do right now. Usually I find them tedious.

Also guys there is a 60 fps cap, go into the graphics settings and there is a slider to allow it to be unlimited.

So far it's everything I expecting. I'm most surprised at my gpu, though. With everything set to ultra expect distant foliage, I'm averaging around 45 fps!

Huh? On a 7950?

Huh? On a 7950?

are you concerned that its low or high

The trees look ugly is my first impressions.. I MEAN LOOK AT THIS. All maxed out too.d586157683.jpg

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

The trees look ugly is my first impressions.. I MEAN LOOK AT THIS. All maxed out too.d586157683.jpg

see in that shot they actually dont look bad to me. but when they are bending they look funny

Still installing the game, physical copy. Longest hour and a half of my life. :( 

I have GTX 970 G1 gaming and i5 4690k. What settings do you recommend I run it in? 

System:

Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz, MSI z97 PC Mate, Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 gaming, 4x2 Kingston HyperX blu 1600Mhz, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, Corsair CX600M PSU, Corsair AF120 Performance edition 3x, Xigmatek Stock fans 3x, Xigmatek Mach PC Case, Asus VX239H 1080p IPS LED 23". 

Still installing the game, physical copy. Longest hour and a half of my life. :(

I have GTX 970 G1 gaming and i5 4690k. What settings do you recommend I run it in? 

if you dont mind getting slightly lower than 60 fps just max it. minus the motion blur...  motion blur sucks

Great, thanks! I'm almost done, I think I'll go with those settings and lower shadows, with no AA. Let's see how it goes. :) Very excited to play the game, I hope I don't encounter any problem. I have slow internet, and I would hate it if they would require a 5 Gb patch download just like what rockstar did with GTA V. 

System:

Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz, MSI z97 PC Mate, Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 gaming, 4x2 Kingston HyperX blu 1600Mhz, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, Corsair CX600M PSU, Corsair AF120 Performance edition 3x, Xigmatek Stock fans 3x, Xigmatek Mach PC Case, Asus VX239H 1080p IPS LED 23".