NVIDIA Shield vs. Razer Forge (for streaming to TV)

Guarrand

Sorry to post this here, but i wanted to know which of the above devices would be best for streaming video to my TV (besides streaming games from my PC) over wireless.

I read a few articles and saw Linus's yubtub video about the Forge, but couldnt find one on the SHIELD (the console, not the controllers).

So my main purpose would be streaming over my 5Ghz wifi network . And with streaming i mostly mean movies, series, gaming streams and the occasional LoL/SC game :)

I know the two items aren't out that long... but i was hoping some of you might have some input on the matter, since it seems both are great.. and i cant make up my mind :D

P.S. 100TH POST WHOOHOOO

I think the shield is far superior especially if you buy a 4K tv in the next few years you are future proofing yourself. Not only just 4K but HDR also that will come with 4K and which is arguably more impressive. This is from a non gamer but someone who primarily streams media.

I think the shield is far superior especially if you buy a 4K tv in the next few years you are future proofing yourself. Not only just 4K but HDR also that will come with 4K and which is arguably more impressive. This is from a non gamer but someone who primarily streams media.

Thnx for the info.

The Forge also suports 4K though i think.. but i assume you mean that the hardware is better in the shield?!

Spec is much better for Shield but more expensive. Forge doesn't do 4k I'm afraid. It definitely doesn't have HDMI 2.0 or hevc decoding abilities I think but I could be wrong on the latter.

Spec is much better for Shield but more expensive. Forge doesn't do 4k I'm afraid. It definitely doesn't have HDMI 2.0 or hevc decoding abilities I think but I could be wrong on the latter.

Yeah the Razer forge doesn't support it 4K, and definitely not butter smooth 4K. You can game stream if you want as well at 1080 30fps.  

Thnx for the info.

The Forge also suports 4K though i think.. but i assume you mean that the hardware is better in the shield?!

Yeah. The Tegra K1 preforms as good as a snapdragon 810, let alone an 805. The tegra X1 will crush it cause it has an octa core and a powerful maxwell GPU. And the Razer forge TV isn't that much cheaper then NVIDIA Shield.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(