Time Lapse

Hello everyone!

So i have to film a time lapse that's 1-3 mins long. I have the OnePlus One, and i will record time lapse with it, any suggestions how to get a good timelapse quality with it and any ideas what is a good thing to shoot for time lapse?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone!

So i have to film a time lapse that's 1-3 mins long. I have the OnePlus One, and i will record time lapse with it, any suggestions how to get a good timelapse quality with it and any ideas what is a good thing to shoot for time lapse?

Thanks in advance!

You making something?

Can't think of anything in real life..

But maybe you can design something on Photoshop on your PC and record it and speed it up?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You making something?

Can't think of anything in real life..

But maybe you can design something on Photoshop on your PC and record it and speed it up?

Currently not making anything...

The teacher said it has to be real life so I cant do anything on the PC and record it :/

Currently not making anything...

The teacher said it has to be real life so I cant do anything on the PC and record it :/

Maybe you can make something with LEGOs? :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

record it with something else and make it the same resolution as your phone.

Dont really have anything else to record with :/

Time lapse of food decaying.

Would do that if i would have time, but i have to get it done until the end of this week...

Maybe you can make something with LEGOs? :D

I will try that, thanks for the help, more ideas welcome :D

So i have to film a time lapse that's 1-3 mins long.

And the duration in realtime?

I seem to like time lapses of the weather/sunrises/sunsets/stars moving 

I'd just find a good camera setting and have it take a picture every 30s or so, (maybe more frequently than that for the sunrise/sunset) then have each picture be a frame in a video

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

And the duration in realtime?

No limit, i guess

I seem to like time lapses of the weather/sunrises/sunsets/stars moving 

I'd just find a good camera setting and have it take a picture every 30s or so, (maybe more frequently than that for the sunrise/sunset) then have each picture be a frame in a video

I wanted to do that, its kind of hard to do without a tripod.. And 30s for every pic? I have it set to 0.5s now .-.

or if you want to you can make a drawing and record it from above :)

I wanted to do that, its kind of hard to do without a tripod.. And 30s for every pic? I have it set to 0.5s now .-.

It would depend on how much you wanted to speed up the photos, and for how long you wanted to record for

Say you took the pictures for 6 hours, taking a picture every 0.5 seconds would mean you took 43,200 photos during that, which would fill up the 1+1's storage. For shorter things (eg, sunsets or sunrises) 0.5 seconds would be fine though

Taking a photo every 30s would mean you would take 720 photos, which is a much more manageable number

Actually, just thinking about it, 720 photos isn't enough IMO, assuming 30fps, that would mean 24 seconds of video at the end. You might want to do something like a photo every 15 seconds to give you 48 seconds of video at the end (again assuming 30fps for the final video)

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

It would depend on how much you wanted to speed up the photos, and for how long you wanted to record for

Say you took the pictures for 6 hours, taking a picture every 0.5 seconds would mean you took 43,200 photos during that, which would fill up the 1+1's storage. For shorter things (eg, sunsets or sunrises) 0.5 seconds would be fine though

Taking a photo every 30s would mean you would take 720 photos, which is a much more manageable number

Actually, just thinking about it, 720 photos isn't enough IMO, assuming 30fps, that would mean 24 seconds of video at the end. You might want to do something like a photo every 15 seconds to give you 48 seconds of video at the end (again assuming 30fps for the final video)

I tried recording a sunset, but the camera didnt want to focus properly, basically i tapped for focus and the lightning was good sun, was visible, but after a few seconds it changed back to very bright picture and it didnt stay low lighted, any ideas how to fix that?

try sunset, through a whole day, place it in a corner of a busy place etc, stuff like that, altough a tripod would be mostly needed for some flex with timelapse video's

I tried recording a sunset, but the camera didnt want to focus properly, basically i tapped for focus and the lightning was good sun, was visible, but after a few seconds it changed back to very bright picture and it didnt stay low lighted, any ideas how to fix that?

go into manual mode, in auto mode it will change back the settings overtime to what it thinks is the best thing

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

try sunset, through a whole day, place it in a corner of a busy place etc, stuff like that, altough a tripod would be mostly needed for some flex with timelapse video's

go into manual mode, in auto mode it will change back the settings overtime to what it thinks is the best 

fixed the focus thing, all i had to do is change touch focus duration to infinite...

How can i upload a video here so u guys can tell me your opinions on the timelapse i filmed?

Definitely try hyperlapse if you decide to do a moving time lapse, the beta is really rather good.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

You'll get flicker if you use the auto mode even in manual mode flicker could be visible but this can be fixed with a deflicker in postprocessing.

nothing personal but, man that is not how we make lasagna here in italy D:

Well it's made in 20min and tastes 1000 times better than the instant lasagna sauces.

fixed the focus thing, all i had to do is change touch focus duration to infinite...

How can i upload a video here so u guys can tell me your opinions on the timelapse i filmed?

Too upload a video you nees to upload it to youtube and place the link here, it automatically embeds(shows the video instead of the link)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Well it's made in 20min and tastes 1000 times better than the instant lasagna sauces.

fair enough :)