Paint or Screen?

From a economic standpoint, should I get Projector screen paint, pr just buy a projector screen?

If so, can anyone recommend a good screen/paint option?

(I live in the UK)

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

The screen has a slightly better picture but I wouldn't care. Personally I would go with some white paint.

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

From a economic standpoint, should I get Projector screen paint, pr just buy a projector screen?

(I live in the UK)

Linus would use PlastiDip.  :lol: 

But I would simply use a white wall. My dad has done that and it looked pretty nice. That was already 6 years ago.

The screen has a slightly better picture but I wouldn't care. Personally I would go with some white paint.

What does "Bigger Picture" mean? they would both be the same size, actually, if anything the painted wall will be larger, as a screen would be raised a little away from the wall == less distance from the projector == smaller image.

I mean size doesn't matter for me, but as I said from an economic standpoint I think paint would do the job nicely.

(I live in the UK)

I personally would get a projector screen or just use paint eggshell finish white paint but it will fade or yellow as paint ages, project screen paint is excessively expensive even with it's benefits I don't think there is much noticeable difference with tat cost though.

If you have an equivalent of monoprice in UK they have great prices on screens:

http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=108&cp_id=10829

What does "Bigger Picture" mean? they would both be the same size, actually, if anything the painted wall will be larger, as a screen would be raised a little away from the wall == less distance from the projector == smaller image.

I mean size doesn't matter for me, but as I said from an economic standpoint I think paint would do the job nicely.

Oh sorry I meant better picture quality

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Linus would use PlastiDip.  :lol: 

But I would simply use a white wall. My dad has done that and it looked pretty nice. That was already 6 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

My wall is already painted white but it's got little bits of blue tack and small dents and stuff so I gotta repaint it and maybe sand it first which will be a little bit of work, but should work nicely.

I personally would get a projector screen or just use paint eggshell finish white paint but it will fade or yellow as paint ages, project screen paint is excessively expensive even with it's benefits I don't think there is much noticeable difference with tat cost though.

thanks for the link

I don't think monoprice has a UK store, but I'll just look at some of these screen and see if any of the specs match any that are sold here. Do you think it'd be worth having them shipped?

Thanks for the reply.

My wall is already painted white but it's got little bits of blue tack and small dents and stuff so I gotta repaint it and maybe sand it first which will be a little bit of work, but should work nicely.

My dad just use our white walls. I can't tell the difference between that and my uncle's screen

thanks for the link

I don't think monoprice has a UK store, but I'll just look at some of these screen and see if any of the specs match any that are sold here. Do you think it'd be worth having them shipped?

My dad just use our white walls. I can't tell the difference between that and my uncle's screen

I think Monoprice ships internationally but a screen is a pretty bulky item not to mention import fees if any, as for paint a wall just make sure you use a matte style or eggshell paint with low sheen so it doesn't cause reflections from the projector.

When you say "eggshell" is it like a matte finish or a glossy finish? I don't know anything about paint.

When you say "eggshell" is it like a matte finish or a glossy finish? I don't know anything about paint.

Eggshell is a little bit of gloss but not something you would see much sheen like a semigloss, the benefit is if there are fingerprints on it you can take a damp cloth and wipe of or scrub it lightly where flat paint would be the best since it has no gloss at all but is more susceptible to dirt. I would personally go for a flat paint and try to keep from marking the surface.

Eggshell is a little bit of gloss but not something you would see much sheen like a semigloss, the benefit is if there are fingerprints on it you can take a damp cloth and wipe of or scrub it lightly where flat paint would be the best since it has no gloss at all but is more susceptible to dirt. I would personally go for a flat paint and try to keep from marking the surface.

Okay thanks a lot I'll keep that all in mind :)