Silverstone Sugo SG13 Build

Hello everyone,

After seeing Linus' new video I decided that for my new build I would be using a Silverstone Sugo SG13 case. Currently I'm using a super-crappy Asus notebook with a 5 min battery life and i3-330U so I'm planning on upgrading for better video production, gaming, and image editing performance (not some super Titan X rig like Linus built, just something that can handle such tasks fairly well). I have never built a PC before but have seen them built and have researched the topic. The build is supposed to be semi-budget (targeting under $1500, the cheaper, the better). What I'm planning is:

i7-4790K

Nvidia GTX 980

16GB DDR3 RAM

Motherboard - IDK

Power supply - IDK

SSD - 2x 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

Other stuff - IDK

OS - Cheapest genuine Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 that I can find (to upgrade to Win 10)

There's a lot of stuff that I don't know what's best. Asrock's ITX X99 motherboard is nice but it might be a bit overkill since I'm not using a crazy processor or DDR4 RAM and it's a little expensive. I also don't know if the reference 980 or other card is best. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

wwsalmon

i just bought this case two days ago and it is not a novice case, you will have a hard time.

this is my rig http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9R4b6h

also make sure that your heatsink isnt too high

but other than that what is the question that you are asking?

Hello everyone,

After seeing Linus' new video I decided that for my new build I would be using a Silverstone Sugo SG13 case. Currently I'm using a super-crappy Asus notebook with a 5 min battery life and i3-330U so I'm planning on upgrading for better video production, gaming, and image editing performance (not some super Titan X rig like Linus built, just something that can handle such tasks fairly well). I have never built a PC before but have seen them built and have researched the topic. The build is supposed to be semi-budget (targeting under $1500, the cheaper, the better). What I'm planning is:

i7-4790K

Nvidia GTX 980

16GB DDR3 RAM

Motherboard - IDK

Power supply - IDK

SSD - 2x 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

Other stuff - IDK

OS - Cheapest genuine Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 that I can find (to upgrade to Win 10)

There's a lot of stuff that I don't know what's best. Asrock's ITX X99 motherboard is nice but it might be a bit overkill since I'm not using A crazy processor or DDR4 RAM and it's a little expensive. I also don't know if the reference 980 or other card is best. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

wwsalmon

Use PCPartPicker :) Also you may want more then 2 250gb SSDs :)

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Use PCPartPicker :) Also you may want more then 2 250gb SSDs :)

i only have one 500GB ssd and im fine, i have only used 350GB :)

i only have one 500GB ssd and im fine, i have only used 350GB :)

He mentioned video productions, 250gb SSD would be plenty for his favorite games, windows, ect ect..

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

yeah but in this case the most storage you will get is 2TB with 2 1TB ssd's

unless you use this http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/205362-massive-6tb-ssd-hitting-the-market-this-july

If he gets a mass storage for videos, HDDS are still around you know... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3LvMxr (Couldn't find the case) this is a wonderful build. I honestly, why spend $200 of 500gbs when you can get dang near 4tbs for that? Using SSDs for mass storage is not a good idea.

If he gets a mass storage for videos, HDDS are still around you know... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3LvMxr (Couldn't find the case) this is a wonderful build. I honestly, why spend $200 of 500gbs when you can get dang near 4tbs for that? Using SSDs for mass storage is not a good idea.

an HDD wont fit in this case. thats why i recommend ssd's because that is all that will fit

an HDD wont fit in this case. thats why i recommend ssd's because that is all that will fit

post-221908-0-89391700-1431896762_thumb.

lol ipad

and i own the case and there are no mounting holes, sure there is room but there is no designated area

lol ipad

and i own the case and there are no mounting holes, sure there is room but there is no designated area

Got it for free when we signed up for Dish "Free" I think they charged us an extra  $10 a month because all of a sudden our bill was dropped $10 but there should be a place for a  HDD, Maybe there isn't a mountaing bracket but I bet somewhere there is a place to put it.

Got it for free when we signed up for Dish "Free" I think they charged us an extra  $10 a month because all of a sudden our bill was dropped $10 but there should be a place for a  HDD, Maybe there isn't a mountaing bracket but I bet somewhere there is a place to put it.

ill consult the manual again

ah yes it supports either one ssd and one hdd or 3 ssd's

ah yes it supports either one ssd and one hdd or 3 ssd's

I did a bit of research myself, There is a bracket in front of the PSU correct? Plus it can house a SSD in the base so 1 SSD and 1 HDD and he could always upgrade the SSD later and clone all the data over to like a 500gb one :D

I did a bit of research myself, There is a bracket in front of the PSU correct? Plus it can house a SSD in the base so 1 SSD and 1 HDD and he could always upgrade the SSD later and clone all the data over to like a 500gb one :D

yup, the hdd mounting is pretty jenky though

yup, the hdd mounting is pretty jenky though

Some jerry rigging can fix that xD

barncules nerdgasm

I don't even watch him but i have seen him from Pimp My Setup

I've been considering transferring my Elite 130 rig into this case, as its perfect for chucking in a sports bag for taking round a friends house, but the reviews show its temps are higher than the elite 130, and with GPUs like the GTX 980, Temps are so important.

Review: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2015/05/12/silverstone-sugo-sg13-review/1

My rig:

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130