TSA Thought my GPU was a bomb

docterkiwi

There is a complaint line if they miss handled your stuff or if they damaged it.

You do realize that you can fly your PC with you if it is in a wood crate? You just pay slightly extra as it is considered cargo instead of luggage. 

I've flewn equipment with me on a few occasions. I just basically bubble wrap everything and use packing peanuts. Most airlines have a 36 in^3 capacity for cargo transit. This nice part is that the equipment is with you throughout your entire flight(s).

Doing this may have saved you on shipping costs and would have prevented your ordeal.

I flew my entire desktop, in it's Define R4 tank armour, in my checked-in luggage. It was below the limit for weight, so it was totally fine :3

personally i would have begun carrying a large red button with two wires atached to it in my pocket. (someone touch my gpu ill descretely pull the button out and say: i would not touch that if i was you. )

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

personally i would have begun carrying a large red button with two wires atached to it in my pocket. (someone touch my gpu ill descretely pull the button out and say: i would not touch that if i was you. )

Well here in the US, that would probably get you in federal prison.  The TSA are corrupted bastards.  

The TSA are the most uneducated sobs ever.  Ever since 9/11, they think every american is a terrorist because of one freak accident 14 years ago!   

tsa-meme.jpg

The fuck did I just read?

There is a complaint line if they miss handled your stuff or if they damaged it.

Is that actually going to help anyone?

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

firearms2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

It's a........................ It's..................It's.........................................NOT A BOMB!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

ALLAHU NVIDIA

Lulz guaranteed

I got 3 warning points for making this exact same fucking joke. Ugh mods.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Is that actually going to help anyone?

Strangely enough it does help the person who's stuff they damaged.

If your card broke, can't you sue them for breaking a 200-300 dollar card? That's clearly NOT a bomb...

Yes that is a good point, You can file a claim through there website to get the money back or a replacement of the property the broke while doing their search, it takes a while but it is possible

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

Strangely enough it does help the person who's stuff they damaged.

No, I meant that they probably aren't actually helpful. If they are though, that's good.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

The TSA are the most uneducated sobs ever.  Ever since 9/11, they think every american is a terrorist because of one freak accident 14 years ago!   

tsa-meme.jpg

Do not bring 911 into this holy shit.....

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

Aren't you supposed to take out Computer/computer things and put them in a separate scan bin?... I assume your card was in the bag stuffed in with the clothing? I fly a lot, and bring a lot of stuff with me that looks like "bombs", and other dangerous stuff, Just gotta pull them out of the bag

I wonder what would they think about a stripped CRT monitor

He's got an EMP!