TSA Thought my GPU was a bomb

docterkiwi

Don't be surprised if they flagged you and the next half dozen or so times you fly are going to be a royal PITA. They flagged my mother for getting a tissue from a stranger and searched her carry-ons half a dozen times after checking through security for the next couple of years. Unfortunately she had to fly for business, so she had to just deal with it.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

I wish it was on Fox news.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Really? You going to make fun of my Religion?

Your what

I'm muslim

I would probably have killed them if they handled my GPU poorly. If it breaks, I don't think the security here will replace it.

If you haven't been fingered by a TSA agent then you haven't pushed them far enough. Source, I was fingered once and I made sure he hated his job the entire time. 

just for the lols as they touched the gpu you should of shouted "allahu akbar"

that would have guaranteed you a cavity search and prison time. 

Personally I wouldn't take any electronic kit with me if I could help it, and if I did then it would have been the 1st thing that I said to them when I got to the check in desk.

Surely you realise that ANY electronic device could be considered risky?

You would be kicking up shit if a plane got blown up by something that looked like a graphics card or something similar?

Taking electronics on a plane (without being able to quickly prove beyond any doubt what it is and what it does) is a bit silly in this day and age.

Americans are too obsessed with terrorism, as are the British, hence why they are allowed to snoop on people's personal data now

Most countries do.

I hope you realize the Canada is only about 7 years behind you in terms of stupid laws. We are following and have worse. In seven years Canada will be worse than the US today. Personally I'd rather a building or two blow up or someone get shot than have the majority of citizens lose their privacy and many of their rights. Majority wins so minor losses are okay with me.

well actually, congress plus check and balances in US is set up so that it isn't just a majority who wins. A majority can be wrong.

well actually, congress plus check and balances in US is set up so that it isn't just a majority who wins. A majority can be wrong.

Clearly you didn't understand my post.

The majority can only be overruled by the supreme court. President can veto, but a 2/3rds vote can overrule that. And if the supreme court rules something unconstitutional, congress can just amend the constitution to make it constitutional.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

the guy poorly handled the graphics card and bent one of the the exhaust spoke things on the end of the card.

It takes a lot of pressure to bend that. With his type of handling, if it was a real bomb, it won't be surprising if that thing detonates.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

They could not handle the RAW POWER of the GPU

This lolol

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

It takes a lot of pressure to bend that. With his type of handling, if it was a real bomb, it won't be surprising if that thing detonates.

plot twist when i finally put it in my computer my house blows up and it was a bomb

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

ALLAHU NVIDIA

Lulz guaranteed

Oh God! I bursted laughing out loud.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I remembered when I bought...basically a whole computer when I was down in the US for Christmas (back in 2010 / 2011).

Inside the computer case (HAF 932), in their respective packaging, was my GPU, CPU, CPU Cooler, and PSU. This was declared as checked luggage. You best your ass it was opened up, and inspected, though I don't think they opened each individual item. Heck, there a huge slash / cut on the side of the case's cardboard box -- thank god for dem packing foams and bag.

My motherboard, RAM, and HDD was my carry-on baggage. Those went through TSA fairly hassle-free. I think they had to pull the motherboard out, but you can see it was in the sealed ASUS box that clear said MOTHERBOARD.

But to troll, when they are inspecting the card, go into detail on the specific parts on the GPU.

These are the GPU Outputs....these are the VRAM, and functions as...PCI-E power connectors are for...these are the copper heatpipes...

Under the cooler is the GTX 770 chip, GK 104...FOR ALL DEM MLG NO-SCOPES FPS !!!!

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

just for the lols as they touched the gpu you should of shouted "allahu akbar"

Then they'd have gone all "FREEZE! Get your ass on the floor!"

I should bring a dead titan z next time im flying somewhere.

confuse them and tell them to be careful, because it's a 3 grand GPU. xD

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m