What to do about a stolen photo?

So I was browsing an app today and I ran into this

HLpATFd.png

For those who havent seen it before this is my photo

Jr4i0EQ.jpg

I was never asked about this, never contacted about it and certainly never gave any permission for my work to be used and they are profitting off it. I'm kinda fucking pissed here, anyone with any idea what I should do?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Can't tell if trolling or serious? The two images are similar but there are still obvious differences in them.

?? What differences? They are obviously the same image.

And dont tell me that the difference is the one image being colored and the other black&white.

-snip-

You should probably contact some lawyer type person and get some advice on it.

Not sure if I would recommend you contacting the company that makes the shirts, since they could change some stuff or try to rip you off.

Also, where have you uploaded the picture you took to?

Can't tell if trolling or serious? The two images are similar but there are still obvious differences in them.

And there are some obvious similarities too :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

And dont tell me that the difference is the one image being colored and the other black&white.

Where's the crane? Could be shopped out, but IDK.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The crane on the right might be a difference, but that is about the only thing that is different.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

This is why you watermark the WHOLE photo...

Oh yea, if you posted it on a public website, that means that the website owns the picture, not you. Like YouTube videos and music copyright in them.

Looks like they did a fairly good job of photo shopping the crane out lol

I can say the same for you its MY photo with "DOWNTOWN TORONTO" on the shirt...where it was taken ...not to mention this photo was taken in a private boat clubs property and I know the vast majority of that model of car in the Toronto area. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

They photoshoped out water mark and crane so it can look better.. it is still the same image though.

The difference I see is the crane. On the original image there is a crane on the right side of the car but there isn't on the t-shirt the crane would be on the t-shirt also if it was a direct copy paste.

The crane is cropped out on the shirt and just few other things are cropped out. I would try contacting the people who made the shirt and go from there... Then possibly contacting a lawyer like mentioned above

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

lol, did they cut out the watermark?

hard to tell. image is to small.

System Specs

Contact them

That is unacceptable. What company did that?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

The crane is cropped out on the shirt and just few other things are cropped out. I would try contacting the people who made the shirt and go from there... Then possibly contacting a lawyer like mentioned above

The crane isn't cropped out, that would be impossible considering the three buildings to the right aren't.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Contact them

That is unacceptable. What company did that?

http://tshirtoftheweek.co.uk/

System Specs

The image is the same, but a large portion of the right side is cropped out (presumably to fit on a shirt).  I think that seeking legal consultation before contacting the company that makes the shirt is a good idea.

The crane isn't cropped out, that would be impossible considering the three buildings to the right aren't.

They just did amazing job with photoshop.. now I dont know what was more expensive.. photoshop crane out or buy the right for the image lol.

Meant to say shopped or removed. Cropped is totally different. Cropping a certain section of a picture.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

It's easy to remove a watermark, especially that small. I could do it in less than 30 minutes

I'd say the clouds are also different b/t the pictures.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

I just sent them a letter. We will see what they reply with.

Unfortunately they are claiming they are backed by flickrs creative commons. ...Shows what I get trying to decipher that shit when im tired and just wanted to get my photos done and in the end going "whos gonna wanna steal my shit work."

System Specs

It looks similar but I feel that the one they used is different. The differences I noticed are: Crane, Different Angle, Different Clouds, Further away. Of course some of those differences could have been stimulated through photoshop. It really depends on how you have it licensed, if you posted it to an image hosting website (I.E Flickr, Imgur, etc.) once a file is stored on their servers it becomes their property even if you have a heavily enforced copyright on it. Now say you posted on your own privately hosted website and they took it from there, then there is a breach of copyright and you could sue them if you desired. I'm sure you're not that kind of person. Since I personally don't do anything huge with photography (at least yet since I lack the actual equipment to do that) if I attach any licensing I just use Creative Commons (CC-BY-ND or CC-BY-NC-ND or CC-BY-SA) Like I only tagged one of my photos I recently took and uploaded as CC-BY-ND but yeah.)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization