EK Introduces Annihilator Series 1U CPU Water Block for server and workstation type motherboards

ahhming

58a.jpg
58b.jpg
58c.jpg

EK Water Blocks ,introduce the ultimate water block for server and workstation type motherboards featuring one or more Intel LGA 2011(-3) or LGA 115x sockets. EK-Annihilator is a result of round clock development, years of experience and rigorous testing. Enterprise solutions are built with performance, reliability, serviceability and no compromises in mind - EK-Annihilator CPU water block meets those demands with top hydraulic- and thermal performance as well as proven engineering.

EK-Annihilator is the ultimate 1U chassis type water block for server & workstation type motherboards, pre-configured for use on modern Intel LGA-2011(-3) socket motherboards with narrow mounting hole pattern. By replacing the pre-installed mounting plate for alternative one the EK-Annihilator can also be used on regular Intel LGA-2011(-3) and Intel LGA-115x socket motherboards.

EK-Annihilator features easy installation in 1U low-profile high-density, high-performance computing server & workstation enclosures. Side-mounted fittings and plugs are made of high quality nickel-plated brass material. Together with 6/9mm (ID/OD) tubing and tube-securing clamps they make a complete solution for single- or multiple waterblock connection.

The EK-Annihilator uses microfin cooling structure. The cooling liquid accelerates through inlet manifold and turbulently continues its path through numerous very thin channels which provide extreme cooling surface area. Specifically designed and carefully machined copper base (sometimes referred to as 'cold plate') is made from purest copper available on the market and is further polished to absolute mirror finish. This alone greatly improves the cooling performance of EK-Annihilator.

Sockets supported:
LGA2011v3 Narrow (pre-configured)
LGA2011v3 Standard
LGA1150/LGA1155/LGA1156

MSRP: 54.95€

Source:

http://www.ekwb.com/news/592/19/EK-introduces-Annihilator-series-1U-CPU-water-block/

Ah yes, I want to put liquid into a machine that I need to have incredibly good up time. That's a good idea.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Why would anyone want to do water cooling on a server? I mean that'd be incredibly sucky. You need to service the thing every 6 months. Why make that choice? It sounds kind of really...well...not smart....

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

Why would anyone want to do water cooling on a server? I mean that'd be incredibly sucky. You need to service the thing every 6 months. Why make that choice? It sounds kind of really...well...not smart....

Asrock X99 itx uses a narrow socket so with this waterblock you could build an ultra powerful portable workstation/gaming pc

Ah yes, I want to put liquid into a machine that I need to have incredibly good up time. That's a good idea.

Expect the fact that most if not all modern server farms are moving to water cooling rather than air cooling

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

how do u put a res in a 1U? or do you make it external?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I would pad the shit out of that block or maybe not.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You mean like most modern data centers and supercomputers that have miles of pipe and water running through them 24/7? Seriously people this isn't the late 90s. Liquid cooling is a very viable and much more efficient enterprise solution than using air conditioning. Google's Datacenter rooms get up to 85*F inside but have liquid loops taking everything off the RAM, CPUs, GPUs, and sometimes even the hard drives these days (the bays they slid into have flat pipes and micro channels in the walls).

And no, the servicing is maybe once every 3 years and gets done in a day. When you spare no expense to ensure parts will not corrode or leach and contain no residue when being constructed and contain no leaks at the start, you can practically go forever. Hell you can probably flush the whole system without a single node going down for even a moment if it's rigged up correctly to external reservoirs and dissipators.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

how do u put a res in a 1U? or do you make it external?

These days it's usually a huge external system which goes out to an industrial air conditioner which blows air through tens of meters of radiator fins to the outside. The water comes out 60*C and goes back in at 10*C for the OSU supercomputer. There are even more efficient liquid cooling models than this. And since the data center rooms are bone dry, condensation isn't an issue. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Some data centers already are liquid cooled. It helps keep the servers cooler, and if done correctly it will not be hard to do any maintenance on them.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Actually, that is what ASETek is focused on (the company behind AIO water coolers):

Asetek_Rack_CDU_rear.jpg

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

the asrock mitx x99 mobo is now viable....

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Lol.. exactly. You are runing important data and you need them up 24/7 so for the most reliable cooling you pick.. eh ..water cooler?

Lol.. exactly. You are runing important data and you need them up 24/7 so for the most reliable cooling you pick.. eh ..water cooler?

If it's good enough for Google, you bet your butt it's good enough for the rest of the industry.

I hope they're releasing an AMD compatible one when Zen comes out cus I really like this block, plus my second favorite band ever is called Annihilator so I want it mostly for the name LOL

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

My problem is compatibility with most consumer grade products. The fittings are G1/8 rather than standard G1/4, and the barbs suplied are for 6mm ID. 

I found those details on the product page itself rather than from the announcement: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-annihilator.html

Personally, I'd rather just use EK's ILM mounting brace for their supremacy line:

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/professional-solutions/cpu-blocks/mounting-plate-supremacy-lga-2011-narrow-ilm.html

I didn't spend long looking, but can anyone find any 6mm ID tubing?

Google runs watercooling in their datacenters so there is obviously a market for it

It's gonna be EKs firepro series all over again, there'll be a release, a dozen will sell, and nothing will ever happen again

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

You mean like most modern data centers and supercomputers that have miles of pipe and water running through them 24/7? Seriously people this isn't the late 90s. Liquid cooling is a very viable and much more efficient enterprise solution than using air conditioning. Google's Datacenter rooms get up to 85*F inside but have liquid loops taking everything off the RAM, CPUs, GPUs, and sometimes even the hard drives these days (the bays they slid into have flat pipes and micro channels in the walls).

And no, the servicing is maybe once every 3 years and gets done in a day. When you spare no expense to ensure parts will not corrode or leach and contain no residue when being constructed and contain no leaks at the start, you can practically go forever. Hell you can probably flush the whole system without a single node going down for even a moment if it's rigged up correctly to external reservoirs and dissipators.

Expect the fact that most if not all modern server farms are moving to water cooling rather than air cooling

I see. I need to go look more into servers as it turns out then.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Actually, that is what ASETek is focused on (the company behind AIO water coolers):

Asetek_Rack_CDU_rear.jpg

I'll be showing this to our lead system admin on Monday. 19" rack mounted water cooling. Sweet :D

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I think linus needs a couple of these for his dual xeon render machine

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)