250mm fan support for my case. Rather use 230mm fan. Could it work

Desbreko

Simple question want to get a second insight on from other people and just thought I put this out for everyone to answer, I have a case that was with a stock 250mm fan and well of course the motor in the fan died so am going to replace it. I don't like any of the 250 case fans I seen, but I found a nice and fairly cheap for high performance and quiet, I just not sure it would work if I put a 230mm fan in where a 250 was suppose to be. Is it possible? Worst case I would need to do some kind of mod to make it work. Oh yeah before I end this. The case is a Xclio full tower A380.

I haven't heard of your case before, but by looking at it I don't believe that a 230mm fan will fit without modding because the mounting holes are for 250mm. There is the possibility of modding it for a 230mm, which should work. The easiest solution I could think of is to just get a 250mm fan.

If you really want to use a 230mm fan, from pictures of the case it seems like it would be easier to drill the mounting holes for the side panel fan rather than the front facing one. Once again, I don't have any experience with the case and I don't know how the mounts are laid out, where they are, etc.

you'll prolly end up having to make new fan mounts or locations to use a 230

in-place of the 250 fan. the 250 just isn't popular choice on case fans. anything

over 120mm just doesn't have a lot of "choices" or options to be versatile. the 140

is just getting any notice on optional formats (water-cooling and air-flow). the 180

and higher are being left alone for now.

is it possible to use a 230 in-place of a 250, yes. will you have to "make it work",

yes. would it be easier to find another 250 fan and use it, maybe not if not same

brand or build.

airdeano

Depends on your case. If it has flat panel without any overhang, smaller fan will fit just fine. If its gonna be for intake, you need fan filter for whole 250mm area. Also if the fans place has mesh whole area, there's really no need for serious modding. Fans screws could fit to mesh holes straight.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Might not need it after all but I still look in to buying a bigger fan but yes it's for intake. Odd thing is that when I open it up to check the mounting holes I notice a square box indent the just right size for the new corsair 120 sp quiet fans I just receive yesterday and right now that is in there working like pretty good. I guess they thought of maybe customers would of wanted a 120mm fan in there in the first place. Either way now I have decent airflow going into my case and out the other end.

If you check Bitfenix site and 230 fan details sheet, they state that fan has holes only for 230 or smaller.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv