Windows 10 will include junkware - the cost of free

GoodBytes

@GoodBytes You mean Windows 10 with Bing? Or the free win10 upgrade that people with win7/8 get?

I won't really care as long as you can uninstall/pay for it to be removed.

From what we know.. all editions of Windows 10 (my guess: Enterprise excluded). Microsoft announced no Bing edition. Only Home, Pro, Enterprise, Academic, Mobile, Mobile Enterprise, and IoT

Well good thing bloatware apps can be removed quite easily on Windows, ain't it? Not like Android or iOS where they typically get baked into the OS (or at least they were when I last used Android.) Just right click > Uninstall and it's gone.

-snip-

Good luck with that. Linux will never be interesting for consumers.

Technically Linux is interesting for consumers.  Android uses a modified version of the Linux kernel.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

The game is most likely a Universal App. That means you can cleanly, and full uninstall it super fast. Just right-click and select Uninstall, and all traces of it will be gone.

When life gives you lemonades. You make free operation system with junkware.

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

Technically Linux is interesting for consumers.  Android uses a modified version of the Linux kernel.

That is indeed very technically. Obviously, I'm talking about a PC desktop/laptop OS.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

From what we know.. all editions of Windows 10 (my guess: Enterprise excluded). Microsoft announced no Bing edition. Only Home, Pro, Enterprise, Academic, Mobile, Mobile Enterprise, and IoT

Even for paying users? That's really shitty... -_- 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

That is indeed very technically. Obviously, I'm talking about a PC desktop/laptop OS.

Give it time.  While it is a little bit complex, there are tons of distros that make it easy.  Hell, Dell has even started shipping laptops pre-loaded with LTS versions of Ubuntu.

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

Update

On Microsoft official announcement which you can now find here: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/14/candy-crush-saga-coming-to-windows-10/

They say:

Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed for customers that upgrade to or download Windows 10 during the launch!

It does say after. So to pay off Windows 10 being free upgrade, it looks like Microsoft is looking for partners to include games and potentially other software.

Give it time.  While it is a little bit complex, there are tons of distros that make it easy.  Hell, Dell has even started shipping laptops pre-loaded with LTS versions of Ubuntu.

Actually Lenovo and Dell have been selling Linux based laptops and system for a very long time. Since netbook days. But their abysmal sales, make them leave and come back with different models, but always keep it 1 or 2.

I bet each windows update will include check boxes in popup or web browser windows that ask if you want to install crap. Adobe do it every time with stupid McAfee, and Microsoft are probably down with that.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Well it's time to get Linux on my computers. Farewell windows you were great but now you suck.

Fantastic, now someone just needs to develop the "remove all non-Windows products" app and add it to Ninite. Make setting up Windows 10 PCs a breeze

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Fantastic, now someone just needs to develop the "remove all non-Windows products" app and add it to Ninite. Make setting up Windows 10 PCs a breeze

I know you can uninstall a app via the PowerShell, so any software can execute the command for you to remove it.

Well I wont be upgrading to Windows 10 any time soon, even though it seems like a hell of a OS.

Have you ever tried uninstallting anything on an android phone from samsung/sony/whatever, its full of crap noone ever uses and all it does is cry for upgrades and to have access to your entire phone, I bet when this hits Candy Crush will be able to: Read all your data on the harddrive, get your location, send notifications to King and MS, send "annonymous data" to whatever third party paid MS or King for it. This even before you have installed Windows 10 completely. When I install an OS I expect a clean OS with minimal programs so I can choose what to install and when. Windows 8 was borderline(still using indows 7) if you ask me with all the shit that got pre-installed.

That is why I want a payed option with NOTHING installed except the OS and a webbrowser, rest I can fix on my own. Sure I know I might be a minority on this, but being a IT-professional its scary to see people dont care anything about where their data gets uploaded to.

What if MS decides that you cannot uninstall it, what then? Your computer will be just like your phone, full of crap you will never use, but its still there using resources and uploading data......

You make an analogy to Android except Android and Windows have nothing to do with each other and are made by completely different companies.

Why does Android having non-uninstallable 3rd-party applications have to do with Microsoft and Windows? Microsoft has never had or allowed 3rd-party applications bundled that couldn't be uninstalled. Not even OEMs like Dell, HP, could load on non-uninstallable 3rd-party programs.

And no I have not tried uninstalling anything on a Android phone because I have never owned an Android phone. I wouldn't subject myself to a company like Google that gets 90% of its revenue from advertising and data mining.

In reference to the text in the quote that I bolded, I am in the IT field as well and that statement doesn't really have anything to do with this matter. This is about 3rd-party app coming pre-installed. Not about where people's data is going. The app won't be able to do anything at all until it is at least launched by the user and people who don't want it won't even launch it they'll just uninstall it right off the bat or just leave it there and never run it.

If the app were somehow "uploading data" without ever being run, such a thing would be picked up by security researchers who analyze Windows with a fine tooth comb looking for vulnerabilities among other things.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Actually Lenovo and Dell have been selling Linux based laptops and system for a very long time. Since netbook days. But their abysmal sales, make them leave and come back with different models, but always keep it 1 or 2.

Actually they've been doing that before netbook days.  I remember a few way back in 2006.

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

Didn't netbooks came in 2006? Or was it 2007?

Anyway, yes, Lenovo had RedHat Linux :shrugs: back then even, and before as well. But it is Redhat. I don't think any Linux community member likes to even say its name.

It may sound bad but we, the ones who know what junkware means, will not be affected. And tha's OK.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

The game is most likely a Universal App. That means you can cleanly, and full uninstall it super fast. Just right-click and select Uninstall, and all traces of it will be gone.

That is, unless they make it like Photos where you can't uninstall it.

You mean like "Turn Windows features on and off" menu?

What ancient OS are you using... you can just right click and uninstall right from the start screen.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

You should be able to, as many businesses removed Windows built-in games. In fact, Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows have games removed by default. You need to go to Programs & Feature to add the games back.

Hahahha the tech community is one of the whinnest I've ever seen. It's one game that can be uninstalled. OH THE SKY IS FALLING! It's a free upgrade. In the past lots of apps have been bundled with the OS. Remember pinball? I could name a bunch of other games to.

The good thing is that its very easily removed.

We should all thank King for supplying some money so that Microsoft can give you a free upgrade to w10 not bash Microsoft for making a business decision.