ARK: Survival Evolved will run on UE4 and DX12 and support NVIDIA Gameworks as well as VR (Oculus Rift)

Bouzoo

I've never heard of this game but my good it looks good. And it's starting to sound like the ultimate PC killer. See for yourself

It's like Far Cry with much bigger stuff to kill.

A game that has come out of nowhere but should be on your radar is Studio Wildcard's upcoming ARK: Survival Evolved, which is a multiplayer first-person survival game coming to Steam Early Access next month, and then onward to the PS4 and Xbox One in 2016.

But the best part is this 

Not only will ARK: Survival Evolved be powered by the delicious Unreal Engine 4, and compatible with DX12, but it will also support VR headsets like the Oculus Rift, and Sony's Project Morpheus. There are also Mac and Linux versions being worked on, which will be announced at a later date.

Every game should be like this. Cross (every possible) platform.

Jesse Rapczak, co-founder and co-creative director at Studio Wildcard, added:

“ARK looks better and is more immersive thanks to NVIDIA GameWorks. NVIDIA has made it possible for teams like ours to drop in state-of-the-art, high-quality solutions to tough visual effects problems, which is often the difference between having a feature and not having it at all.”

ARK: Survival Evolved will launch in summer 2016 on PlayStation 4 with Project Morpheus support, Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program and Steam, including Oculus Rift VR support and a thorough integration of Steam community features such as Steam Economy and Steam Workshop for custom maps and mods. The world of ARK is designed to be player-oriented and ever-expanding.

ss_ceb6ef2634d295629c23b79d888caf3362e36

ss_2fd997a2f7151cb2187043a1f41589cc6a9eb

ss_329a9ef9eb749ca230f25e6e702adb58d122f

And of course, dragons

ss_a31bd127212b1fc6f140581b3e21e2c35fd49

Sounds like they might be taking too much at once, I read people are not satisfied with it. I'm sure this will prove to be quite a challenge to optimize.

Sources: 12 and 3

Gameworks Source

Steam

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

YEEEES! This is literally my childhood dream. Fly around on dinosaurs with friends and fight dragons. Now all we need is a transformers expansion pack.

- snip-

YEEEES! This is literally my childhood dream. Fly around on dinosaurs with friends and fight dragons. Now all we need is a transformers expansion pack.

82f57-you2bwin2bone2bfree2binternet2bcou

meh

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I like dragons and stuff... but I don't really think that this game is that big of a deal. It sounds more like... dinosaur games that already exist and I can't say that I like any of them.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Never heard of it either, but UE4 amd DX12 ?! Im sold :D

Will not buy since my gpu doesnt have the horses to max it out.

The ingame screens look beautiful, sky and water reflection especially.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Why is there a play station logo in the bottom? I thought that the PS4 is limited to DX 11, and how does the Xbox one or the PS4 have enough power the run this game.

CPU, 8350 @ 4.3 ghz | CPU COOLER, Hyper 212 EVO | ,MOBO, Gigabyte UD3 AM3+ 990FX | RAM, 8 gb  G.Skill ripjaw 1866mhz | GPUASUS 7970 | CASE, Corsair 230T black and red STORAGE, WD caviar blue 1 TB 7200 rpm | PSU, XFX 750 watt 80+ gold | Keyboard, K70 mx blue (black/red) | Mouse Razer naga hex, | Monitors, Asus VG248QE 24in 1080p, Dell 24in monitor 1080p |

Why is there a play station logo in the bottom? I thought that the PS4 is limited to DX 11, and how does the Xbox one or the PS4 have enough power the run this game.

ps4 uses a custom api not dx, and that's not really relevant here, the game looks like that because is PC footage slapped with a "pre-alpha" tag somewhere, that exactly the same trailer you find in the devs channel, also UE4 supports ps4 even before the console release, i'm sure the console is going to have a lot of post processing effects off, no AA and a shitty draw distance, you can literally see in the trailer you don't see a creature no more that 15 meters away from the camera

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

From the comments on the first source I'd say It's gonna use a downgraded version.

First impression : Not a new idea 

Then read that it might be on DX 12 ... Hyped for graphics !

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

First impression : Not a new idea 

Then read that it might be on DX 12 ... Hyped for graphics !

Tbh I don't care if it's been done a million times as long as they do it properly.  :D

Tbh I don't care if it's been done a million times as long as they do it properly.  :D

I'm all about that bass  eye candy ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Unreal is great because when it comes to packaging for a certain platform, you just have to select which platform and click package.  No fuss.  The free version doesn't include xbone/ps4 though, you need special licenses.

WHERE ARE ALL THE FEATHERS MAN IF YOU MAKE DINOSAURS YOU NEED FEATHERS.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

WHERE ARE ALL THE FEATHERS MAN IF YOU MAKE DINOSAURS YOU NEED FEATHERS.

No

NO

NO

STOP TRYING TO RUIN MY CHILDHOOD WITH THIS BULLSH*T FAIRY TALE OF DINOSAURS HAVING FEATHERS >.<

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN.

Also, I watched the video, holy bawlz, this game needs to come out soon. I WANTS THE PRECIOUS

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

No

NO

it's not bullshit, it's reality.  :lol:  Velociraptor - turkey.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's also proven that chickens came from T-rex iirc

HypedHypedHypedHypedHypedHypedHypedHypedHypedHypedHypedHyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Velociraptor was actually a wuss dinosaur with fur, sorry guys.

Pls no stahp

People said no pre-orders... No-one ever mentioned not buying the game on release xD.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube