GUIDE: How to play old GTA radio stations on GTA V

Hi,

So right off the bat, this will not work online. Why? You'll see later on.

The 6 things you need:

ScriptHookV (by Alexander Blade)

http://gtaforums.com/topic/788343-vrel-script-hook-v/

ScriptHookV dotNET

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/crosire/scripthookvdotnet/build/artifacts

GTA V Spotify Player Mod

http://gtaforums.com/topic/793683-vrel-gtav-spotify-player-your-music-in-your-car/

Spotify

http://spotify.com

A Spotify account

30 mins

1. OK, so first off, install ScriptHookV. Just do this by putting all the things in the file that you downloaded from Alexander Blade's site (in the forum link).

2. Next, click on the ScriptHookV dotNET link and download the .zip file. Same thing, just put everything inside the .zip wherever you have GTAV.exe installed.

3. Next, download the GTA V Spotify Player Mod from the link that I gave you and copy the scripts folder into the GTA V directory. If you already have the scripts folder, just extract it using WinRAR or similar and the files inside should extract into the folder you already have.

4. So, you have all the mods installed. Now install Spotify from http://spotify.comand open it. You then search whatever radio station you want from GTA history and most of the time, someone has made a playlist with all the songs from that particular radio station OR Rockstar have released an album of it. Unfortunately, Chatterbox FM isn't on there #crieverytim. Then, (if it's a playlist) simply follow the playlist (I think this works, may be wrong) or add the album to a new playlist called whatever you want. I always create a new playlist called the radio station.

5. Then launch GTA V, get into a vehicle, press F3 to open the dialog, use the navigation keys (- on the numpad for right, / on the numpad for left and * on the numpad for confirm) to go to playlists. Then, it'll ask you for your Spotify ID. If you signed up using Facebook, I have no clue how to find your ID (google it), but if you signed up normally with an email address, just type in your username. Then go back to playlists, and press * on the playlist you want, and voila!

You have to run Spotify before launching the game if you want this to work!

Any more questions? Probably, I'm shit at writing up shit, just ask me :)

Or you could just play the soundtrack from youtube and turn off music in gta5. Anyway that's what I do.

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Or you could just play the soundtrack from youtube and turn off music in gta5. Anyway that's what I do.

Then it isn't immersive and doesn't turn off when you aren't in the car. Also not shuffled.

@OP You never explained why you can't use it Online (I know why but others might not)

Just download the soundtracks (or the radio tracks from youtube) for the older games, and put them into your GTA V music folder, and then turn on the radio in the car and go to "Self Radio", and can also be used online. :D

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Just download the soundtracks for the older games, and put them into your GTA V music folder, and then turn on the radio in the car and go to "Self Radio", and can also be used online. :D

An option for Online :)

Then it isn't immersive and doesn't turn off when you aren't in the car. Also not shuffled.

@OP You never explained why you can't use it Online (I know why but others might not)

I'm sure everyone knows why you can't use mods online

Just download the soundtracks (or the radio tracks from youtube) for the older games, and put them into your GTA V music folder, and then turn on the radio in the car and go to "Self Radio", and can also be used online. :D

An option for Online :)

I find Self Radio to be another annoying radio station with unfunny adverts and it lags my game out, and a lot of other people's on reddit.

I find Self Radio to be another annoying radio station with unfunny adverts and it lags my game out, and a lot of other people's on reddit.

Weird I have never got any ads, just the music I put in the folder and never had any issue with it in game, but I did hear some having an issue but I thought that was patched.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Why?

No adds for me bud

You can turn the adverts off in Settings I think.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You can turn the adverts off in Settings I think.

Thinking about it, I think you can. Oh well. I still prefer this. I don't have to buy the music I'm playing.

Now all I need a new PC to play the game

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ