Per-core overclocking Haswell doesn't work

Hi,

just a quick question. I've got a stable 4.4Ghz clock (sync all cores) on my 4790k at 1.150V (adaptive).

I wanted to try per-core-oc so i changed sync-all-cores to per-core and just started with a difference for the 1-core-turbo of 45.

If I now start a single core workload to thest the oc cpu-z, task manager and intel extreme tuning utility still show 4.4Ghz.

I googled the problem but didn't find anything. Is there something I did wrong?

Thanks for the help :)

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

I guess they do it through the first two cores rather than just the first core. I mean, the 4690k is seen as a 3.9GHz CPU with 3.9/3.9/3.8/3.7.

I'd try changing the second core before looking into it.

I think you should just keep all cores the same and just let it boost them up when it wants to.

Sig under construction.

I guess they do it through the first two cores rather than just the first core. I mean, the 4690k is seen as a 3.9GHz CPU with 3.9/3.9/3.8/3.7.

I'd try changing the second core before looking into it.

that worked. thanks!

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15