Gigabyte support Impressions

WereCat

Hi,

so... I have currently problem either with my CPU or my Motherboard and I suspect it is motherbuard that keeps constanly changing my CPU BUS Speed by +- 7MHz which is a lot.

I have tried all possible ways to resolve it and when nothing helped I decided to contact Gigabyte support as my motherboard is Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H.

I submited my ticket 4/27/2015 and I explained everything regarding the problem, my recorded video of the problem and I described all the methods I tried in order to solve the problem so that it can be resolved as fast as possible.

They responded 4/29/2015 and suggested me in one sentence to do something I have already tried. I tried it again and of course, it did not worked.

I then sent them answer the same day saying that it did not helped and also explained them why I could not keep using that method even if it worked as it introduce another problem which results in my GTX 770 not booting up.

Next day 4/30/2015 they responded with "We appreciate your patient and understanding that this case needs further confirmation or examination. It may take some time for the whole procedure but we will keep you post as soon as there is any update available." so I though "OK, they may be on to something".

5/5/2015 they responded again in one sentence telling me to do something I already tried. I did it, of course it did not worked again.

I had little time last week so I answered them 5/9/2015 telling them that it doesent work.

Today 5/12/2015 they answered again with "We appreciate your patient and understanding that this case needs further confirmation or examination. It may take some time for the whole procedure but we will keep you post as soon as there is any update available."

If they again suggest me to do something I already tried I am done. So far.. very medicore support.

I will update this post and make it a review + maybe add pictures of the ticket later after the ticket will be resolved or ended.

+- 7MHz which is a lot.

7mhz is not much... its like 0.2%

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

7mhz is not much... its like 0.2%

On BUS? (Host/PCI-E Clock Frequency)

+-7MHz is not much?

When I set my multiplier to x47 my CPU is jumping between 4.4-4.7GHz constantly because the BUS speed which is x100 keeps constantly fluctuating between 100MHz and 93MHz.

BUS Speed also affects RAM, PCI-E, .. everything.

That is not 0.2%, that is 7%!

On BUS?

oh whoops my bad 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

oh whoops my bad

:) It is ok.

Maybe they dont know whats at fault. I posted about this problem everywhere possible and no one so far provided me with solution that works. The thing is that I know no one with Haswell CPU that I could borrow so it is really hard for me to find out if my CPU is at fault or my MoBo.

:) It is ok.

Maybe they dont know whats at fault. I posted about this problem everywhere possible and no one so far provided me with solution that works. The thing is that I know noone with Haswell CPU that I could borrow so it is really hard for me to find out if my CPU is at fault or my MoBo.

That said they are known to fluctuate sometimes by a small margin, that said 7 is quite a large gap

do you still get fluctuations if you dial down your overclock, maybe its unstable? or perhaps needs more/less voltage etc - or does it fluctuate no matter how its set

That said they are known to fluctuate sometimes by a small margin, that said 7 is quite a large gap

do you still get fluctuations if you dial down your overclock, maybe its unstable? or perhaps needs more/less voltage etc - or does it fluctuate no matter how its set

I tried runing stock speed, I reseted CMOS several times. I tried changing CPU cache, I tried different voltage settings, I tried underclock it, I tried all BIOS version, I tried increasing the BUS speed to compensate for the differencess, disabling EIST, all C-States, Performance mod in Windows, disabling Spread Spectrum (which is not even option in BIOS and I had to install betaBIOS just for that).. and more! Nothing works.

Next time they ask you to do something you already did, write out "I already tried that. Please read my post again. I clearly pointed out what I did already."

If that doesn't get a different response then rage quit.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |