Question about the Nikon 50mm 1.8g

This may be a really noobie question, sorry.

I purchased my Nikon 50mm last month and I just noticed that it makes this really low humming noise when half pressed on the shutter button and when there is info on the top display. When there isn't any info on the top display, humming noise is gone until half pressed again and info on top display. When i switch it to Manual focus on the lens, the humming noise is not present even when info is on top display. When on A/M, humming noise can be heard, but I have to have my ear pretty close to the front part of the lens to hear it.

Just wondering if this is normal because when I first purchased the lens, didn't notice until now.

Also not to get this mixed up with the auto focus motor noise, I am able to hear both this humming noise and the focus motor.

Again, sorry for the noobie question.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

it's normal for the lens, mostly becauses of the price i guess.

some back info(the new 5mm g vs old 50mm D)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Do you mean the sound of the focus motor running? They'er not completely silent, but it should be decently quiet. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Do you mean the sound of the focus motor running? They'er not completely silent, but it should be decently quiet. 

Well I'm not 100% sure. I guessing it is the focus motor running but not focusing if you know what I mean. Just that it's on..?!?!

Well I'm not 100% sure. I guessing it is the focus motor running but not focusing if you know what I mean. Just that it's on..?!?!

well maybe its trying to focus but you arn't giving it enough time, or you are trying to focus in lowlight

well maybe its trying to focus but you arn't giving it enough time, or you are trying to focus in lowlight

Well kind of. But I think it's fine. Talked with Nikon.

It's the auto-focus motor.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile