20TB SSD RAID with Kingston KC310 Business SSD

luv u Linus <3

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

That's a sp00ky amount of storage

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

20tb of ssds a bit overkill?

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

20tb of ssds a bit overkill?

4K raw footage takes quite a bit of space.

____

Actually one of the reason why almost all major movie productions might shoot in 4K, but downsample it to 2K for the actual editing.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Why would you build a 20TB RAID server with Kingston V300 drives?

sWowSLh.png

Why would you build a 20TB RAID server with Kingston V300 drives?

First off, they aren't V300s

Second, I have a V300, and it boots Windows 7 in under 10 seconds. They are great drives.

Exciting !!! 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Also he should talk more of the Kingston HyperX Predator and the benefits and drawbacks of it. Was it the fastest solution available for the server?

Also running it for main system drive and it beats out the available competition, 1200Mb/s reads and 600Mb/s writes for a reasonable price.

This is a fun series. I'd like this to be a regular one, shall we say... clean sheet rebuilds every 6 months Linus, LSI, Kingston, Coolermaster etc :)

I'm still of the mind that I'd used a different a solution to the storage challenge LMG faces, but that's not to say this approach is wrong (except when I'm kidding around).

Gotta be fun and nerve-'racking'-as-hell designing, building and implementing that though. So much uber hardware allowing the job to be done properly (until 100Gb's 'affordable').

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

Also he should talk more of the Kingston HyperX Predator and the benefits and drawbacks of it. Was it the fastest solution available for the server?

Also running it for main system drive and it beats out the available competition, 1200Mb/s reads and 600Mb/s writes for a reasonable price.

Except for the SM951 which is cheaper and significantly faster. Only JUST released to retail-ish though (which is in time for our office IT upgrade \o/)

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

I think the Tesla battery might be something for you, instead a UPS. I would really like to see a video about that :P 

What I don't understand is why he is rolling all of this on a Windows 7 install. This is a production piece of equipment  and he has gone far enough to roll "server grade" components throughout the whole build. So why not run a Server OS?   

..... I worry a bit about the turnover rate for those SSDs.  The industry has made some huge strides, yes, but how long until you'll need to replace those SSDs?

Linus why didnt u go with the faster LSI 9361-8i that uses the faster 3108 soc instead of the 9271-8i

they both cost the same at ~$500 at newegg

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.