Suggestions on a good capture card!

I've been wanting to buy a capture card for some time now but still can't decide on what to get.

Im looking for one that is both good for streaming and recording gameplays from console at great quality.

What are your suggestions?

The world is a liar. Do not believe everything that you hear.

Most people will lie to your face, and they couldn't be happier about it.
The only thing that you should believe in is your own ability to find the truth.

I've been wanting to buy a capture card for some time now but still can't decide on what to get.

Im looking for one that is both good for streaming and recording gameplays from console at great quality.

What are your suggestions?

Budget?

Capture cards range from $100 to a $400+

I'd recommend this though:

http://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Capture-PlayStation-gameplay-1080p/dp/B00840353W/ref=zg_bs_284824_1

or

http://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Capture-PlayStation-gameplay-1080p/dp/B00840353W/ref=zg_bs_284824_1

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Budget?

Capture cards range from $100 to a $400+

$200 

Forgot to mention that Id like to use it for older consoles as well such as SNES and N64

The world is a liar. Do not believe everything that you hear.

Most people will lie to your face, and they couldn't be happier about it.
The only thing that you should believe in is your own ability to find the truth.

$200 

Forgot to mention that Id like to use it for older consoles as well such as SNES and N64

For older consoles the Dazzle DVC100 is a decent non-hd capture device with both rca and svideo. 

• 2 weeks later...

Get an avermedia pci based one, The Lite one is only £50-60 

Elgato.

EDIT: I didn't realize it will be used for older consoles. Forget I just posted this.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

You can get noncopyright game play off YouTube for awhile until you want a capture device, go with the AVerMedia CV710 GamerZone ExtremeCap U3 or Elgato Game Capture HD60 for a capture device, they both recored 60fps and 1080p but if your on a budget you can get their little brothers the Elgato Game Capture HD or the Avermedia C285 Game Capture HD II which both do 1080p 30fps.