SSD Stuttering

Hey Guys,

I recently had troubles with a dying storage drive, i decided to get a new ssd as the drive had nothing valuable on it.

I got an OCZ arc 100 and speeds are fine but every once in a while it freezes and programs dont respond...

Any ideas (The drive is brand new)

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I recently had troubles with a dying storage drive, i decided to get a new ssd as the drive had nothing valuable on it.

I got an OCZ arc 100 and speeds are fine but every once in a while it freezes and programs dont respond...

Any ideas (The drive is brand new)

Thanks

Do you have AHCI enabled?

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

Do you have AHCI enabled?

I think so, i did for my last drive

ill check

OCZ usually has a SSD Management Tool that will check for Trim and Firmware updates. I bought an AMD R7 SSD and it ran pretty well, but I used the OCZ tool (the AMD drives are made with OCZ) and after a firmware updated it performed even better. Just something to look into.

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury