Re installing windows

Werdna

I am going to upgrade my mobo, and re installing windows 8, do anyone know what happens to all my files and games? Do i have to re install them again?

back them up to another hdd first...then reinstall

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

you back up your files to a USB or other HDD

then after installing windows 8 you redownload all your programs and put your files back on the drive

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you decide to do complete reinstall, do as adviced above. That will include formatting system drive. So if you are using SSD as OS drive and HDD for other stuff, you can backup to that HDD. It won't be affected.

If you do repair style install where installer only repairs drivers and other errors, your files remain as is. That doesn't always fix problems, though.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv