Service pack install failure

N7Ravager

Okay so one of my friends had to install a service pack 1 from Microsoft because GTA V required it and he didnt have it on his computer and after getting it something happened which caused problems to his computer. So after restarting his computer, it no longer wanted to boot up at all and fails to even get to the start up screen. So does anyone know what caused this and how to fix it? any help will be greatly appreciated.

can you do safe mode or the like at all? try that first.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

can you do safe mode or the like at all? try that first.

No, he was unable. the only options it gives him are start normally and repair. which he has used the repair option but its always the same result, it doesn't work and he's repeated the repair option multiple times and it doesn't work

Does your computer have a recovery partition to reset it to normal then try and update again before putting apps and data back? or is it a whitebox where you need reinstall and do everything from stratch to reinstall?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

Does your computer have a recovery partition to reset it to normal then try and update again before putting apps and data back? or is it a whitebox where you need reinstall and do everything from stratch to reinstall?

No it doesnt have a recovery partition and he says that he may have to do everything from scratch but hopefully that isn't the case unless he really has too

If you do this much damage keeping current install is never recomended. better off getting you data, blanking installing things like patches and drivers making sure it runs clean then putting apps and data back when they are fully there. it will run faster, cleaner, and without risk of the damage recurring due to age of install damage triggering.

The guide i heard was every 12 months is ideal if you have issues

If you do this much damage keeping current install is never recomended. better off getting you data, blanking installing things like patches and drivers making sure it runs clean then putting apps and data back when they are fully there. it will run faster, cleaner, and without risk of the damage recurring due to age of install damage triggering.

The guide i heard was every 12 months is ideal if you have issues

So there is nothing he can do then? he has to wipe everything?

So there is nothing he can do then? he has to wipe everything?

doing anything would very possibly leave install damage that could come to bite you later.