Interesting/Weird Craigslist/Kijiji experiences?

Aniallation

Just thought of making this thread for some reason. Anyone had some interesting or weird experiences meeting up with somebody to buy something second hand from Craigslist (or Kijiji for Canadians)? 

I've met so many people on Kijiji I've lost track and have too many memories to remember, hence the reason why I've been through so many phones listed on my profile page, and that I change cars so much my school doesn't even require my plate to have a parking permit. :P

The best experience I've had was going to look a used car this guy was selling, and when I got to the house his daughter who came out of the house with him was wearing the same MCR shirt that I was. Needless to say throughout that day I ended up talking to her about the band more then I did the guy about his car. However we became good friends, and in the end I did end up buying the car for a good deal, and getting a free Xbox 360 with it as well. 

Just recently I went to meet somebody at a Starbuck's to buy an LG G Watch... he sold it to upgrade to a Moto 360, but was still using a Galaxy Nexus... like, why is your smartwatch worth twice as much as your phone (if not more)? O.o

"Rawr XD"

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I almost bought that but someone else beat me to it its a hell of a good deal for what it is.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1070292076

This guy is as high as a kite thought.

I almost bought that but someone else beat me to it its a hell of a good deal for what it is.

no its not.. should be $200 or so

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Well my friend wants me to build him a APU build with the A10-7850k and the 100$ (its actually worth 250$) I would have saved would have been money in my pocket and I will take that any day.

Well my friend wants me to build him a APU build with the A10-7850k and the 100$ (its actually worth 250$) I would have saved would have been money in my pocket and I will take that any day.

i meant 100 sorry

Wait a second I remember seeing your profile picture somewhere on Kijiji once are you that guy who runs this thing.http://www.kijiji.ca/v-computer-components/calgary/apricity-custom-and-pre-built-computers-all-sizes-and-colors/1069990081

partially with these guys

@STRMfrmXMN @

How is that business model working for you guys.

its ok just that people seem to not like checking emails... And when everything is ready for processing they change their minds

Many many Moons ago, 2006 07 ish, i bought a acre of the moon. No one owns the moon, by treaty. Still if i can find it ill take a pic of it. My family will have a iron hand on moon cheese, vote blackadder for ceaser 2025

Wait a second I remember seeing your profile picture somewhere on Kijiji once are you that guy who runs this thing.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-computer-components/calgary/apricity-custom-and-pre-built-computers-all-sizes-and-colors/1069990081

I am the owner of the business @thekeemo is my partner and co founder and @STRMfrmXMN is the third in command :)

On the swedish version (Blocket.se) i was going to buy a 1998 nissan navara king cab up in norrland.

Talked to the guy. Everything was fine. So i drove all the way up there with a friend to look at it.

When i got there it had the common rust problems but mechanically it was completely sound so we were about to close the deal.

Then he pulls out a shotgun. Thankfully he was just going hunting. But pulling out a shotgun while negotiating price is a bit of a bad move xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

How much do you make in a month.

How much do I name in a month? What? 

How is that business model working for you guys.

It works well for us, the problem we are having is lots of trolls, so we make a lot of quotes with no purchases. Comes with the territory though. We strive for customer service anytime you contact us you are always talking to a real person who has real power to do what it takes to resolve the issue, therefore it takes man power and time. Although it makes customer satisfaction very high. 

Is it a profitable business or just a hobby, and how many builds do you do every month.

It is a business. And I would prefer not say our profit that is not something everybody needs to know. We make enough, but not a whole lot. At current rate, 1 or 2 a month. 

What's the price range most people go with.

Typically $1,000-$3,000 USD. 

Nice I have built a few systems for some friends but I take the approach of buy as much as possible used for a good price then sell it for 20% less than the value of the components.

As a licensed company I cannot, sell used components. I do guarantee we have one of the (If not) best price to performance compared to other retailers. 

As much as I love @ and @thekeemo and what they're doing with Apricity...

trainn.jpg?1260328965

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

As much as I love @ and @thekeemo and what they're doing with Apricity...

trainn.jpg?1260328965

Getting back on track... once I bought a h87 motherboard from a guy off the classifieds so I go to meet him and we start talking and I ask him why he is selling it turns out he ran out of money so I'm like okay. Then I ask him what he was going to put into it and he starts spouting off the most incompatible parts list I have ever heard and he is taking like he knows everything about it but here was his idea.

H87 motherboard

4970k he planned to overclock it to 5.5 ghz

Gtx 970 but he planned to sli it with a 980 as a upgrade down the road.

And he was going to DDR4 in it for the "extra features".

Oh and he was going to put it in a tank of olive oil because it does the same thing as mineral oil but it's cheaper.

I just smiled nodded payed him and took the motherboard went home and then proceeded to laugh my ass off.