AMD to launçh their desktop GPU Q2 2015.

zappian

AMDGaming2_678x452.jpg

Meanwhile the big news here is that these forthcoming GPUs will be the first AMD GPUs to support High Bandwidth Memory. AMD’s GPU roadmap coyly labels this as a 2016 technology, but in fact it is coming to GPUs in 2015. The advantage of going with HBM at this time is that it will allow AMD to greatly increase their memory bandwidth capabilities while bringing down power consumption. Coupled with the fact that any new GPU from AMD should also include AMD’s latest color compression technology, and the implication is that the effective increase in memory bandwidth should be quite large. For AMD, they see this as being one of the keys of delivering better 4K performance along with better VR performance.

In the process AMD has also confirmed that these HBM-equipped GPUs will allow them to experiment with new form factors. By placing the memory on the same package as the GPU, AMD will be able to save space and produce smaller cards, which will allow them to produce designs other than the traditional large 10”+ cards that are typical of high-end video cards. AMD competitor NVIDIA has been working on HBM as well and has already shown off a test vehicle for one such card design, so we have reason to expect that AMD will be capable of something similar.

Its coming boys. The new AMD gpus are slated to Q2 2015.

The mantle pieçe ( get it , no) of the new gpus is the HBM memory that allows ridiculous memory bandwidth.

Maybe this will be the çard that can drive 4k 60 fps for a single gpu easily.

AMD still has compelling value in the under 310 dollar market , maybe this will give them a even bigger market standing.

Source:http://www.anandtech.com/show/9235/amd-to-launch-new-desktop-gpu-this-quarter-q215-with-hbm

It will be the card to drive QHD 60 fps maxed settings in every title :P. 4K is just for Nvidia Volta or AMD 400 Artic series :l

Groomlake Authority

About the smaller form factor possibilities, that's cool and all, but I actually like large GPU's.  Seeing things like the little 970 ITX gpu's in full size cases just doesn't look right.

Makes me think it's a wifi card with a heatsink on it.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Leadership in the pc gaming market a bit optimistic aren’t they.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

About the smaller form factor possibilities, that's cool and all, but I actually like large GPU's.  Seeing things like the little 970 ITX gpu's in full size cases just doesn't look right.

Makes me think it's a wifi card with a heatsink on it.

Congrats on 9000 posts.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Congrats on 9000 posts.

Thanks bud :] now I have OVER 9000!

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Just one thing @zappian. Please use autocolor throughout the quote. Thank you.

I just don't want those loud reference coolers. Other than that Hype :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Leadership in the pc gaming market a bit optimistic aren’t they.

Says leader in the industry in enabling true presence in VR Gaming.

Which I'd agree with. Nvidia announced a bunch, but never showed it off.

AMD announced and have shown LiquidVR, and I think they where the ones powering the recent Oculus demos at GDC and such with a 300 series card.

I'm excited, basically for the reason I just said. AMD has shown they care about VR and shown off their efforts. 

I'm looking to upgrade nearer the end of the year, but still new cards are exciting, and the new experiences they allow.

Be cool to see how well they perform, but if they've been used for VR stuff, its going to be pretty powerful for that higher resolution and greater than 60 FPS needed.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

-snip-

I was simply saying that at the moment in general for gaming they really don't have the presence in the market but hopefully with the release of these new gpus and cpus that will all change.

I have all the parts picked out for my new build, just waiting on AMD before making a decision on a GPU. Hopefully not long to wait now.

Just release them already ffs.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

they better release before the end of july

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

yes pls

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Are they releasing them at E3? Ohoh

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Same ol'information. Didn't even tickle my hype organ. Let me see it! D:<

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

what's with the accent on the c in the title?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Cough it out AMD ... I want the R9 380X ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Cough it out AMD ... I want the R9 380X ...

Me too, its a long wait.... especially with 970's presence even in sweet 2nd hand deals

Finally got PS4 Pro

Maybe on my birthday, hue. Q2 and launch frames xD can be last week haha

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |