Colored PSU/Cables

Chiobe

It seems that I cant get white or red cables to my Cooler Master V1000, unless I spend around $300, so I'm looking for a PSU that has white or red cables and comes out cheaper.

If the PSU it self is white or red as well, that is great.

How about sleeving your own cables?

^ This. Go to any of the DIY sites and you're bound to find some cheap sleeve, heatshrink & tool kit. Re-sleeving modular cables is surprisingly easy.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

How about sleeving your own cables?

I want to do that

Can you reccomend a Kit?

(It's for like SATA, Fan, USB.  Not PSU)

Because he had a hard drive.

I want to do that

Can you reccomend a Kit?

(It's for like SATA, Fan, USB. Not PSU)

i havent done it for a psu, just minor lab stuff for it to look nice. Most the kits and a 20 usd heat gun should do. A bunch come up on Amazon, the kits normally have many different sizes.

Is that not risky with a PSU?

yes and no. If you are being safe it should be ok. Modular is safer just cause you can disconnect the cables. Unplugg the psu and wait 2 hours for caps to discharge, maybe longer. I have waited 6 hours for caps to dissipate before. Just to be 100%. It shouldn't be to bad. Could alway complete the circuit with a resistor also.

Getting a Corsair RM850 (which should be good enough for SLI X99 setup) plus Corsair custom cables commes in at around 290$.

Meaning its cheaper to get a PSU with right cables then it is to get custom made cables.

I think I'm not going to risk my pc with DIY sleeving the PSU, as the chances of screwing up is to big.

But when we are on the topic, how safe is it to do 3-pin and 4-pin fan cables?

Getting a Corsair RM850 (which should be good enough for SLI X99 setup) plus Corsair custom cables commes in at around 290$.

Meaning its cheaper to get a PSU with right cables then it is to get custom made cables.

I think I'm not going to risk my pc with DIY sleeving the PSU, as the chances of screwing up is to big.

But when we are on the topic, how safe is it to do 3-pin and 4-pin fan cables?

very safe. Watch a few vids, it's not rocket science, you have likely done harder. I recommend getting a model knife, not the correct name but should be in the section where they are sold.

very safe. Watch a few vids, it's not rocket science, you have likely done harder. I recommend getting a model knife, not the correct name but should be in the section where they are sold.

So the only thing that goes, if I screw up, are the fans?

Also, are there anyways to sleve front port cables (audio and usb)?

They will stick out, since they appear to be black (in a white case).

pic3.jpg

snip

yup should just mess up the fans, with thin cables just wrap and heat over them im lazy.