Gaming on an ultra wide monitor?

I'm looking to pick up an ultra wide monitor, and I was wondering what it's like to game on them. Do most games have the supported resolution? Or will I have to run 1080x1920 on a lot of games? 

If you are interested in playing battlefield that is supports ultra wide.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

and if the game doesnt sometimes you can force it to support it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The issue won't be resolution support for any remotely new games, the issue will be field of view. If the games has no FOV slider, you may find that games look a bit odd with a low FOV on an ultrawide monitor,

Most games that i have tried do support 21:9 resolutions. And the ones that do can be forced with FlawlessWideScreen.

Edit: Shameless self-plug, but under the ´Gaming´ banner there are some game screenshots, that show the difference bewteen 16:9 and 21:9 in some games: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/223163-aoc-u3477pqu-review-big-pictures/#entry3057724

Feel free to make a request (In this thread, not in the review). If I have the game, I could do a comparison.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Gaming on 21:9 is without question, absolutely godlike.

And luckily we are getting some gaming grade 21:9`s this year. I compiled a list of 21:9`s with "better than60hz" technologies:

LG 29um67 - 29inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync
LG 34um67 - 34inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync
Acer xr341ck - 34inch, IPS, 3440x1440, 75hz, freesync
Acer xr341ck - 34inch, IPS, 3440x1440, 75hz, gsync
Acer z35 - 35inch, VA, 2560x1080, 144hz, gsync
Benq xr3501 - 35inch, VA, 2560x1080, 144hz, no-sync

The first two are available everywhere already. The next four will be available 1-2 month time frame.

The issue won't be resolution support for any remotely new games, the issue will be field of view. If the games has no FOV slider, you may find that games look a bit odd with a low FOV on an ultrawide monitor,

What games does this effect the worse? I would think that FPS's would be, and the only ones I'm interested in playing on my PC are the Bioshocks. Other then that, I play League, WoW, Skyrim, GW2..Most games I'm interested in aren't FPS's..Will this still effect me with this list of games?

DO IT i am upgrading to a 29um67-p soon :P

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

What games does this effect the worse? I would think that FPS's would be, and the only ones I'm interested in playing on my PC are the Bioshocks. Other then that, I play League, WoW, Skyrim, GW2..Most games I'm interested in aren't FPS's..Will this still effect me with this list of games?

No, for those games you should be able to take full advantage of the added screen real estate