Looking for a (value?) gaming wheel

Hello everyone,

I've come to the point where I really want a racing wheel for my PC, but I'm unsure which one to get.

Since I am not really playing a lot of racing games ATM I don't want to spend a huge amount of money for a wheel I would use maybe five times, but on the other hand I'm a person that likes good quality and is willing to pay extra for it. (Sidenote: I will get Project CARS which is the only reason I want a wheel right now)

As I did a bit of research I found that most value options come from Logitech... and after I had a few Logitech products I am not really a fan of them anymore.

I was really hoping to find someone who is a bit more into this kind of stuff and to get some advice/suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Zitrooone

Hello everyone,

I've come to the point where I really want a racing wheel for my PC, but I'm unsure which one to get.

Since I am not really playing a lot of racing games ATM I don't want to spend a huge amount of money for a wheel I would use maybe five times, but on the other hand I'm a person that likes good quality and is willing to pay extra for it. (Sidenote: I will get Project CARS which is the only reason I want a wheel right now)

As I did a bit of research I found that most value options come from Logitech... and after I had a few Logitech products I am not really a fan of them anymore.

I was really hoping to find someone who is a bit more into this kind of stuff and to get some advice/suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Zitrooone

I was on the same boat, but i personally did not want to pay the objectively large amount of money (above 100 USD for me in Norway), for "the feels".

I ended up getting one used, as wheels are generally sturdy things, and will work fine even 2nd hand, and will sting less if you spend the money and dont use it that much...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I was on the same boat, but i personally did not want to pay the objectively large amount of money (above 100 USD for me in Norway), for "the feels".

I ended up getting one used, as wheels are generally sturdy things, and will work fine even 2nd hand, and will sting less if you spend the money and dont use it that much...

Good option, what wheel did you get?

Good option, what wheel did you get?

Oh dude you don't even want to know... Its so janky

I got it at a sort of thrift store for a bit more than 10 USD, and was pleasantly surprised it actually worked...

post-11673-0-39326600-1430840358_thumb.j

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I don't know what you mean by 'value', a price would have been more handy, but I guess I'll list some options in each 'value' price range. Logitech steering wheels (especially the G27) are really solid. I also had experience with a cheaper Thrustmaster model, which didn't handle rough steering well shall we say.

€150-250:

Logitech G27

€100-150:

Logitech Driving Force GT

€50-100:

Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia

sub €50:

Trust GXT 27 Force Vibration Steering Wheel

Thrustmaster Ferrari Challenge Wheel (I had the previous version of these, not sure about the new one though)

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I don't know what you mean by 'value', a price would have been more handy, but I guess I'll list some options in each 'value' price range. Logitech steering wheels (especially the G27) are really solid. I also had experience with a cheaper Thrustmaster model, which didn't handle rough steering well shall we say.

€150-250:

Logitech G27

€100-150:

Logitech Driving Force GT

€50-100:

Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia

sub €50:

Trust GXT 27 Force Vibration Steering Wheel

Thrustmaster Ferrari Challenge Wheel (I had the previous version of these, not sure about the new one though)

Thanks for the list! The Logitech Driving Force GT looks quite nice.

By "value" I meant something around 50€ but I guess I will have to pay more to get something nice.

Any opinions on Fanatec wheels (especially Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel)?

Thanks for the list! The Logitech Driving Force GT looks quite nice.

By "value" I meant something around 50€ but I guess I will have to pay more to get something nice.

Any opinions on Fanatec wheels (especially Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel)?

I have no experience with Fanatec wheels, and I have also never heard of this brand. It looks pretty good though, and after checking I saw that people were satisified with their service.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I have no experience with Fanatec wheels, and I have also never heard of this brand. It looks pretty good though, and after checking I saw that people were satisified with their service.

That's exactly why I'm asking :D

The G27 seems to be the only wheel with an H-shifter or however that's called and a clutch pedal, at least in that price range.