keyboard and mouse don't work

Well I have a huge problem now

I was play games yesterday on a win xp computer then I connected a secondary usb mouse while my usb keyboard and mouse were still connected it prompted an driver installation window kept pressing next then it was installed and working both of them then I opened the vanishing of ethan carter video settings were so high that after I pressed start a new game my gpu ran out of memory and the game crashed and my system froze so I turned off my pc and started it again when It went to the login screen but my mouse was notworking both of them they had power but not working and the keyboard as well it had the numlock light on but I cant turn it off so im stuck I used a usb with minixp on it to remove my password then removed the second mouse changed the keyboard and mouse usb ports then unplugged the power and removed the battery then I removed all usb drives using minixp then I restarted the system it logged in and all software started working but still no working keyboard and mouse so what can I do now I need help fast

thanks a lot