What type of spray paint to paint radiators ?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,

I hope somebody can suggest me of some brands or types of spray paint that would be great to paint radiators.

I'm back  ;)

If you want a permanent solution general spray paint will work no need for high temp paint since it doesn't heat up that much, If you have them available Rustolem and Krylon are both good brands I suggest, another is Dupli-color an automotive paint if you want more color choices and more vibrant and bright colors. As for painting the rad itself, it's suggest to mask off the fin array and to paint the sides themselves as to not impact cooling performance. 

I hope somebody can suggest me of some brands or types of spray paint that would be great to paint radiators.

Probably Plasti Dip.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

This should help:

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I'm back  ;)

If you want a permanent solution general spray paint will work no need for high temp paint since it doesn't heat up that much, If you have them available Rustolem and Krylon are both good brands I suggest, another is Dupli-color an automotive paint if you want more color choices and more vibrant and bright colors. As for painting the rad itself, it's suggest to mask off the fin array and to paint the sides themselves as to not impact cooling performance. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Hopefully you not painting the fins, that's going to hurt performance.
It's a radiator not engine headers or a AMD GPU normal paint will work fine.

I think regular Rust-Oleum would work too.

But when you're overclocking you're going to be hitting super high temps! You need that heat resistance up to 1200F!! :P 

/s

Yeah, I guess regular paint would work fine too. :/

Hopefully you not painting the fins, that's going to hurt performance.

It's a radiator not engine headers or a AMD GPU normal paint will work fine.

That made me laugh :D

Yeah, I guess normal paint will do :)

Painting fins should be fine.. difference will be negligible

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I know how to cover up the fins so I'm good. Thanks guys

How does one paint radiator fins?

You can lightly dust the fins with spray paint but it's not recommended since it can affect cooling slightly.