MSI GTX 970 Performing Slow

ishraq2626

I recently got a MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g and i ran benchmarks and may games but My fps is far less than shown on sites Benchmarks.
Also The Max Temp goes upto 75 Degress where as many people say that theirs dont go above 60.
Is my gpu faulty or is it something else?
Please Help

Maybe post all of your PC specs so We can get an idea. 

Also if you not following your own topic, our replies are wasted. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I recently got a MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g and i ran benchmarks and may games but My fps is far less than shown on sites Benchmarks.

Also The Max Temp goes upto 75 Degress where as many people say that theirs dont go above 60.

Is my gpu faulty or is it something else?

Please Help

What @Not_Sean said. Follow your own topics. 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Maybe post all of your PC specs so We can get an idea. 

Also if you not following your own topic, our replies are wasted. 

Sorry im new here.

My spec:

Intel Core i5 4690k

Asus Z97 Pro Gamer

MSI Gtx 970 Gaming 4G

Cooler Master 212x

G.Skill Ripjaws (4x2) 

Cooler Master V550w 80+Gold

Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD

1TB WD Blue HDD

500GB Hitachi HDD(Old)

Cooler Master 912 Haf

Showing us how much FPS in which game might help us with what going on with your system.  You didn't post any numbers etc.

For example lets say you get 90 fps in Farcry 3. Benchmarks for your similar system says it should get 110 fps. Then in that case the benchmarks might of overclocked there GPU or CPU.

If for example your getting 30 fps when you should be getting 90 fps then something else is happening which we can look into.

yeah 75c is where the nvidia target temp is set to by default and as some one who has a MSI gtx 970 even over clocked to 1550mhz I haven't seen above 67c

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Are your fans spinning? it's possible that one of the fans is stuck/broken... this would explain the high temperature & performance loss.

Showing us how much FPS in which game might help us with what going on with your system.  You didn't post any numbers etc.

For example lets say you get 90 fps in Farcry 3. Benchmarks for your similar system says it should get 110 fps. Then in that case the benchmarks might of overclocked there GPU or CPU.

If for example your getting 30 fps when you should be getting 90 fps then something else is happening which we can look into.

yeah 75c is where the nvidia target temp is set to by default and as some one who has a MSI gtx 970 even over clocked to 1550mhz I haven't seen above 67c

Are your fans spinning? it's possible that one of the fans is stuck/broken... this would explain the high temperature & performance loss.

I ran some benchmarks and some ingame benchmarks and i got these:

crysis 3 msaa 4x 45fps avg
tomb raider ultra preset 143.9 avg
Valley score 2417 FPS: 57.8
Unigine Heaven scre 1389 fps 55.2
AC unity 43 fps avg
watch dogs 53 avg
I used fraps to benchmark the games
My fans run at highest at 60% auto
and i would like to know how did you overclock your gpu?
TIA

75c is NOT a problem. The card is actually trying to run at that temp while squeezing out as much performance as it can. I'd only worry if it goes over 85c, or if it is running at 100% fan speed.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

AC unity 43 fps avg

watch dogs 53 avg

TIA

These seem normal for stock clocks, assuming they're all maxed. You can get MSI Afterburner to over clock, it's quite easy but considering you already get 75 under load I wouldn't add any voltage.

There are some pretty heavy demanding games there and a few which is terrible to run. Your FPS seems about right. If you want better just SLI your 970.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Now about the temps,i ran realbench stress test and saw that my CPU with Hyper 212x reached a max of 70 degress cpu core temp

As for the GPU i ran Furmark and Saw that the GPU max temp was 65 degress

Although i have to say that the room temp is relatively high.

Are these temps ok?

Thanks all for the feedback.

Now about the temps,i ran realbench stress test and saw that my CPU with Hyper 212x reached a max of 70 degress cpu core temp

As for the GPU i ran Furmark and Saw that the GPU max temp was 65 degress

Although i have to say that the room temp is relatively high.

Are these temps ok?

They are perfectly fine. Dont worry about them

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

AC unity 43 fps avg

watch dogs 53 avg

TIA

those scores sound about right and I used msi after burner to overclock also what's the airflow like in your case because 75c is still quite high for that card.

all though 75c is not bad but for that card I haven't seen mine go above 67c so your good up till about 85c

PC PART PICKER

those scores sound about right and I used msi after burner to overclock also what's the airflow like in your case because 75c is still quite high for that card.

all though 75c is not bad but for that card I haven't seen mine go above 67c so your good up till about 85c

Thanks guys again for the replies.

I was able to overclock my Card and get max temp 70 degrees at 70% fan speed.

Thanks guys again for the replies.

I was able to overclock my Card and get max temp 70 degrees at 70% fan speed.

good good what overclock did you get?

PC PART PICKER

good good what overclock did you get?

i was able to acheive this http://prntscr.com/722io0

And one last thing,does increasing the voltage reduce the lifespan of the gpu even if its under like 70 or the mid 70's?

i was able to acheive this http://prntscr.com/722io0

And one last thing,does increasing the voltage reduce the lifespan of the gpu even if its under like 70 or the mid 70's?

i think that it does if the card don't need the extra voltage then don't give it to it 

PC PART PICKER

i think that it does if the card don't need the extra voltage then don't give it to it 

Could you tell me this when running on stock settings with no custom fan profile,what was your max temp?As in like using Furmark or OCCT or Kombustor?

He's also using FRAPS for god's sake. Use Shadowplay bro. OR..... Afterburner with Rivatuner server caps better than fraps. FRAPS eats resources capping uncompressed AVI's none the less. OUCH!

Could you tell me this when running on stock settings with no custom fan profile,what was your max temp?As in like using Furmark or OCCT or Kombustor?

I haven't run for Mark but playing gta5 over 3 screens for 4 hours with stock settings and no fan curve it hits 71c as of last night but average of 67c

PC PART PICKER

I haven't run for Mark but playing gta5 over 3 screens for 4 hours with stock settings and no fan curve it hits 71c as of last night but average of 67c

Looks like my PC temps are fine as my room is kinda hot so the GPU gets like 75 max temp running Furmark or any stress test.

Thanks for the Reply.

But i have to say that running sometimes GTA V on 4k and Any Ubisoft games like ACU and Watch Dogs,the game crashes or Its Freezes for like a minute or so.

I ran crysis 3 and it got stuck on the opening and it crashed.Is it because of my PSU ? Its a CM v550w btw.

Looks like my PC temps are fine as my room is kinda hot so the GPU gets like 75 max temp running Furmark or any stress test.

Thanks for the Reply.

But i have to say that running sometimes GTA V on 4k and Any Ubisoft games like ACU and Watch Dogs,the game crashes or Its Freezes for like a minute or so.

I ran crysis 3 and it got stuck on the opening and it crashed.Is it because of my PSU ? Its a CM v550w btw.

is this when over clocked because are you sure that it's stable and it might be to due with the rest of the computer

PC PART PICKER

is this when over clocked because are you sure that it's stable and it might be to due with the rest of the computer

This happens when Overclocked and happened once in stock.