Watchdogs : CPU Bottleneck?

Hey, I got a quick question: I recently got myself WatchDogs in a Steam sale (Hail Gaben!) and do really like it. For simplicity, I used NVidia Experience for configuration and it does look maginificient. However, I noticed some Framerate drops from ~50 - 60fps to mid 30, especially while driving around in cars. The usual tools pointed out that the CPU Load was hitting 100% quite often. I know that my i5 2500 isn't the latest and fanciest, but despite its age it used to do quite well and I wasn't plannig to upgrade untill a few more generations. (Yes, it's the non-k version, and YES, I know it was a stupid idea not to get the k-Version but well....)

Is there a way to reduce CPU Load ingame? I mean, that thing has a minimum requirements of a core2quad, so there got to be something I can do about it^^

Relevant system specs: Core i5 2500, 3.3Ghz, GTX 970, 12 Gig DDR3, P8Z68 Board, Win 8.1 64 Bit

Best regards

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Oh no, Watch Dogs just runs like pure dick sauce.

Were you living in a cave when everyone was really pissed about it :P

I would have liked to.

Oh :D Well, in that case, up goes the grafics lever again^^ No, I was not aware of that, and tbo, I don't mind the game being buggy since I got it for a few bucks. But it is a relief to know that my trusty HW can remain untouched for a while, I need the money elsewhere.. :P

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Man, the computer that runs NASA probably still can't run Watch Dogs smoothly.

"Rawr XD"

Disabling the pagefile for the game helps if you haven't done that already. Even though its meant to reduce ram usage it helps with the stuttering when driving.  

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

While we are at it: I just took a look at the passmark scores for CPUs and the 2500 scores 6207 points compared to 7780 on a 4690k . Synthetic benchmark or not, wild estimates: how long will the 2500 be capable of doing its work? The only reason for me to upgrade is that i'm running out of PCIe lanes (wireless, audio card (necessary) and GPU. More lanes probably ends up with an i7, but as I said, currently its enough and as usual, I'd like to postpone upgrades as long as it's not really urgent (the 2500s predecessor was a Pentium 4.... :D )

Disabling the pagefile for the game helps if you haven't done that already. Even though its meant to reduce ram usage it helps with the stuttering when driving.  

No, I haven't yet, thanks for the input. Not that I'm concerned about RAM usage :D

I would see how much an improvement skylake is before worrying about upgrading.

But yeah watchdogs isn't the best PC port out there.