Cheap storage server

wkelly

Could someone give me a list of parts for a storage server for £100. I have never done it before so I have no idea what to buy.

Thanks

Could someone give me a list of parts for a storage server for £100. I have never done it before so I have no idea what to buy.

Thanks

That is just too tight budget. If you want it to be a decent server, I would suggest a higher budget. You would spend around 65 on just a single drive. It would just not work

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

for that budget I'd reconsider if you really need a server or if it's just a want.

Do you have an old PC you could use? if so, you could pick up 2 1tb WD Reds to use in RAID 1 and put it in the old PC

Thanks

Hey wkelly,

What storage space are you looking for? What are you going to do with the server? 
I could suggest checking out WD My Cloud as a NAS option that might meet your needs. It works great for storing data and providing access over the network, managing storage space between multiple accounts and several other features. Here's a link: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=ZkHGK1

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/