how to find out how much ram do i have(tool)

9justinas9
Go to solution Solved by michaelk12,

Same situation on our school computers. Open Windows explorer, go to My Computer, and there is a bar at the bottom of the screen that lists Computer name, domain name, CPU and RAM. looks like this. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzab6CcYBUFnTF9ZUUZ4cUhUc0E/view?usp=sharing

Try looking in the BIOS, if they haven't locked that.

there is pc that has a lot of disabled functions like acces to my computer properties and task manager but i need to find out the ammound of ram that pc has how do i do it with out admin permissions coz cpuz ask for one.

BIOS?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

System Information, have you checked it?

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

you could always use a sledgehammer to smash the case in and find out that way, but the PC might have a few bugs afterwards, like not working

its locked with a tiny lock and i dont want to cut the lock

If you open Computer (as in the very root folder of your computer), the memory capacity should be listed at the bottom of the window.

HTTP/2 203

System Information, have you checked it?

computer properties is disabled from opening

BIOS?

i have an other pc like that opened but bios diesnt show anything it dont even have bot options

will be locked probably

oh don't worry, the sledgehammer will leave the lock perfectly intact, it's just the rest of the case that won't be!

Open the case, see the RAM yourself....

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

will be locked probably

oh don't worry, the sledgehammer will leave the lock perfectly intact, it's just the rest of the case that won't be!

thats the problem i dont wanna open it til i know how much ram it has coz it take time and i need to know if i need to upgrade

Which OS? Can u access CMD prompt?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

maby soemone can write a simple script that show the ram ammount?

Which OS? Can u access CMD prompt?

windows 7 and i cant

Right click My Computer> Properties. And there you go.

Usually they don't lock that kind of stuff, since you can't do anything there.

if {OS = Linux};

Settings>About Computer. And again, this can't really be locked.

test.if [OS == osX]~

Mac>About This Mac. Done.

Control Panel? System & Security > System.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

there is pc that has a lot of disabled functions like acces to my computer properties and task manager but i need to find out the ammound of ram that pc has how do i do it with out admin permissions coz cpuz ask for one.

Is this a school or work computer? sounds a bit sketchy

Programs that want to read out hardware always need admin rights.

If you can boot from a cd/usb you can try booting to linux but I think that's also locked.

Right click My Computer> Properties. And there you go.

Usually they don't lock that kind of stuff, since you can't do anything there.

its locked "this operation canseled due to reastrictions"

windows 7 and i cant

Then u need a sledgehammer. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

If you can boot from a cd/usb you can try booting to linux but I think that's also locked.

^^^

Yeah, I'm afraid.... What computer are you using by the way? The security is tight, are you using home computer?

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

busyness but there should be a way to do so with out admin. hey cs 1.6 works fine

busyness but there should be a way to do so with out admin. hey cs 1.6 works fine

Just open up the case :) or try booting from a dvd/usb.

simple python script shouldnt ask for admin permissions. if i was a programer i would doit myself

ask your admin

thats the problem he is abroad right now

Just open up the case :) or try booting from a dvd/usb.

i have one of this type preassembled pc myself but every pc is a liitle bit different and its locked

its locked "this operation canseled due to reastrictions"

Uh... I don't think you can then... And why do you need to know. if any thing, it's probably 6 GB, that's kinda the base for most school computers.

Sry, what happen when u try to run command prompt? You cant find the program?