Do You Ever Get Jealous of Linus?

REX.exe

I haven't really been jealous of Linus for a while now, but when I watched Linus's Razer Tactical Bag review I got slightly irritated at this. 

I can't get the quote exactly, but it was basically Linus explaining how he got the bag. Apparently, he was on the phone with the CEO of Razer. YES, ON THE PHONE WITH THE CEO OF RAZER! Who he was going to have dinner with, The CEO asks if Linus has the new tactical bag that Razer has released. Linus says no. 

CEO: "Oh, I'll bring one to dinner then!"

Think of it. Having a $225 bag given to you by the head of Razer, for free. Linus also gets tonnes of other stuff for free. I'm not angry jealous, I know he has earned his place. It's just you sort of wish that you could get free stuff from tech companies. Especially seeing I'm still trying to scrape some money together for my new build.

Please don't take this as whining. I just wanted to get my feelings out there :P

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I did, back when the LTT channel just got started. I really wished I had a job like his.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I don't. He has to deal with a ton of stress, has a family and his own business. Yeah that's cool, but that's not the life for me

Edit: I'd like to have my own family, but not his life. He just has so much to deal with that it's insane and I honestly don't know how he can do it without anxiety attacks constantly.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Yes. That's why I want to be like him :lol:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I don't. He has to deal with a ton of stress, has a family and his own business. Yeah that's cool, but that's not the life for me

But then there's this ^^ :/

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I'm jealous that they have all that hardware and lots of it is just piled up in random places around the office, not even neatly put away.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I'm jealous that they have all that hardware and lots of it is just piled up in random places around the office, not even neatly put away.

Yeah. I wish I could just walk over to my staircase and have a pile of GPUs lying there :P

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Yeah. I wish I could just walk over to my staircase and have a pile of GPUs lying there :P

Or have a closet full of left over watercooling equipment and have an LN2 kit just lying around at th bottom of it all.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

No because he has like no free time outside of work and family time.

I haven't really been jealous of Linus for a while now, but when I watched Linus's Razer Tactical Bag review I got slightly irritated at this. 

I can't get the quote exactly, but it was basically Linus explaining how he got the bag. Apparently, he was on the phone with the CEO of Razer. YES, ON THE PHONE WITH THE CEO OF RAZER! Who he was going to have dinner with, The CEO asks if Linus has the new tactical bag that Razer has released. Linus says no. 

CEO: "Oh, I'll bring one to dinner then!"

Think of it. Having a $225 bag given to you by the head of Razer, for free. Linus also gets tonnes of other stuff for free. I'm not angry jealous, I know he has earned his place. It's just you sort of wish that you could get free stuff from tech companies. Especially seeing I'm still trying to scrape some money together for my new build.

Please don't take this as whining. I just wanted to get my feelings out there :P

theeeeeeeeeeeee xeoooooooooooons

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

Or have a closet full of left over watercooling equipment and have an LN2 kit just lying around at th bottom of it all.

Or just have a half done system just in your closet.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Think you're looking for the word envious.

Well that is what the word has become now so better just go with it

I will just say at times members of the LTT/LMG have rubbed me the wrong way when they talk of new things they have gotten. Various posts on social media and certain things done on The WAN Show were a bit much.  As for being jealous well I don't know if that is the word I would use to describe what I wish I had that Linus and others have but I have to say I wish I had the mental health/social skills that allow Linus and the rest of his crew to do what they do.  My life is a miserable piece of **** and anxiety issues/self esteem issues rule my world.  While Linus and others are achieving life long goals I am trying each day to not kill myself.  Life should be a little bit more rewarding and easier than what I have and if the world truly cared about everyone it would be.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

no im not jealous of linus at all as I own a review site also:)

HOWEVER i heard that his missus is super fit, so might be jealous of that! :P

no im not jealous of linus at all as I own a review site also:)

HOWEVER i heard that his missus is super fit, so might be jealous of that! :P

Indeed.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Not really jealous as we all know he works hard for what he gets people thing it's free hardware while others know a lot of work and time go into good reviews but DAMMMMMMM have you seen his Mrs :P 

yes and no.

yes bechause he has accses to prettymuch all the new best tech

no bechause he has to deal with

huge amounts of stress!!!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

-SNIP-

I would not be calling the razer backpad a $225 backpack, there are plenty of bags from real bag brands that are cheaper and better than that thing

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I would not be calling the razer backpad a $225 backpack, there are plenty of bags from real bag brands that are cheaper and better than that thing

Why wouldn't I call it a $225 backpack? It's retail price is $225 AUD. I don't know what else to call it.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Why wouldn't I call it a $225 backpack? It's retail price is $225 AUD. I don't know what else to call it.

Well first i would call it average, also when i say that i mean its not worth $225. You would be hard pressed to find any other pack of a similar size and feature set outside of maybe osprey or designer brands that costs $225AUD and then at least osprey is worth it.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Not really, I want a job though.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!