Best GPU setup for 4 screens?

Justin_

I want to know what the best arrangement (Single or dual GPU) and card to be able to run 4 1080p LCD's. I want it to be a good GPU and get good framerates on games including GTA5 (only on 1 or 2 of the lcd's). Other uses would be just basic stuff Streaming and web browsing

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

a 290 or a 970 would work but I would go with the 290x for the extra vram and much better multi monitor support

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

970 for medium settings and 980 for ultra. Why would you run 4 monitors? you get a bezel in the middle :(

I don't know AMD so... 290X? i have no idea lol

first off, you can't use even numbers of displays for pleasant gaming. either 1 or 3 displays for the game.

most graphics cards can handle 4 displays actually. my 660 ti can do it, but can't really game on more than one.

I'd go with a 970 if you plan to game at 1080p, as a 970 would laugh at that, or a 980 if you want to game at 3x1080p, but noting that if you want to game at 3x1080p at high settings, you WILL probably need 2 980s to get good framerates

either can run four monitors off of a single card with no problem, provided you have displayport monitors or inexpensive displayport adapters

ok thanks

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

8gb 290X or 980

And you really don't want to game on even numbers, if you try to game on a 2 monitor setup, or 4 monitor setup you'll have a bezel running right down the middle of the game, making it very, very unpleasant. Go for a 3 monitor setup, those are the most universally accepted surround gaming/production platforms.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

If you're only running a game on a single monitor, you an ignore the other one. Additional monitors don't put any extra load on the GPU unless you span games across them. If you just game on one monitor and have browser, skype, etc. open on the other monitors, it's the same as just gaming on one monitor.

So you don't need a special GPU with tons of VRAM, you don't need any extra GPU horsepower to run extra monitors if you're only going to run games on one. Don't listen to everyone else who didn't read properly and are suggesting monster GPU setups because they think you'll need enough to drive four monitors in games.

TITAN X QUAD SLI!

dont settle for less bro.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein