Need a laptop with 980M SLI

kiicki

What kind of laptops ships with 980M SLI besides Alienware and MSI gt80?

I want to upgrade my laptop and I here great things about 980M SLI.
This is also a laptop I want to use the next 2 years maybe and a 970M wouldn't be good enough. Not even the 970M SLI.

2 years???

a 970m is good enough for over two years at 1080p and high settings

the only laptops that use SLI have screen resolutions close to 4k which is pointless on something only 15" big

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

gt80 titan ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 years???

a 970m is good enough for over two years at 1080p and high settings

the only laptops that use SLI have screen resolutions close to 4k which is pointless on something only 15" big

Well I have seen games like Crysis and GTA with 970M running under 60FPS. That's not a option. 

And that with 1080p and a 4720HQ CPU

gt80 titan ?

GT80 is the same as GT80 Titan

build a pc with 980 in sli

I need a new laptop, so if I want to build it, I first need to buy a laptop and the GPU. So that's not a option. Also not every laptop GPU are the same because of the design of the laptop.

GT80 is the same as GT80 Titan

yeah. but titam makes it cooler. and faster... just like stripes bruh

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Well I have seen games like Crysis and GTA with 970M running under 60FPS. That's not a option. 

you keep going on with NEED and NOT AN OPTION, but honestly, laptops are laptops and desktops are desktops.

it's like saying you want a supercharger and NOS on a motorcycle, not a car. while it can be done, it can't be done well, or has to be a custom job.

the thermal throttle will be real. really real.

and honestly if you're playing crysis3 above 45FPS on a laptop you're doing fine. it's a playable framerate.

i'm a graphics snob as much as the next guy, but dude, you have to understand with form factor comes limitations.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

lolwhat, a 960 with a nice overclock can run these games on ultra

dude, at 1080p GTA V everything on ultra, all things jacked to the roof, msaa on x2 and TSAA on my 980s in SLI still only get 45-55 FPS. with a +177OC

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831.gif

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I need a new laptop, so if I want to build it, I first need to buy a laptop and the GPU. So that's not a option. Also not every laptop GPU are the same because of the design of the laptop.

Honestly it makes more sense to have a 400$ productivity laptop and then a gaming pc, when will people realize that gaming laptop's do not do a good job at killing 2 birds with one stone unless you want to spend your life savings on it.

i would get a cheapish laptop and build a pc aswell but thats me

IAN :o

i would get a cheapish laptop and build a pc aswell but thats me

The thing I use as a laptop is a dell venue 8 pro 5830 and the thing cost me 50$ with a broken screen I got a new screen for 40$ a case with a Bluetooth keyboard for 25$ and a Bluetooth mouse for 10$ the thing runs windows 8, surfs the net and does word and when doing light tasks runs on 8% battery a hour.