What do you think of Windows Spotlight

Sharp_3yE

Windows spotlight is a lock screen in windows 10 that shows interesting pictures that change I think once every day, can give suggestions for features you haven't used yet and also of apps that you may like to download. It will also link you to the app in the store. As you use it and tell it what you like or don't like, spotlight will start customizing what is on the lock screen with what pertains to your likes. If you like a picture of a forest, it will show more photos of forests for example.

What do you think of this lock screen concept?

I heard people say "oh it's just adds on my lock screen, dumb." Yes you can turn it on or off. It is just a lock screen app. Personally, I think it's a good idea for developers, and users. It will give beautiful pictures that people will like on their lock screen, and they can learn about those places by pressing on the hot spot button and you can discover new apps and features that you may like in the process. I may not use it but I think some people may really like it.

i never cared much for lockscreen pics. i always just login and ignore it

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I dont like the fact that it's trying to learn who you are in order to feed pictures to your lock screen. Although, I would like a customizable homescreen similar to those found on phones.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I have Win10 and I like it. Everyday there's a new cool wallpaper :)

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

looks cool to me

“Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There’s no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door… Or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it… You can still decide not to pass through.” -Kisuke Urahara

I dont like the fact that it's trying to learn who you are in order to feed pictures to your lock screen. Although, I would like a customizable homescreen similar to those found on phones.

It doesn't try to learn who you are. You click a button saying you like something so then it knows you like it. Also, the app is connected to your microsoft account and knows if you have used a feature or not and knows what apps you own. 

It doesn't try to find out who you are though. It just has info from your microsoft account and whether you clicked the like button.

My desktop background picture changes automatically everyday to Bing picture of the day. It's refreshing to see something different everyday and possibly learn something new about the subject in the picture. This new Spotlight function feels like something you already have on your phone lock screen notifications (or the Glance function on WP) and the Cortana function almost the same as I have on WP where it'll tell me stuffs that I want to know or might be interested with without searching for them (football scores,weather,daily news etc) and all of these are customisable. I really like this new Windows Spotlight and I can think of so many ways I could benefit from it.