What should I upgrade?

Go to solution Solved by stamatozord,

Suppose you're aiming at games here. Probably would get a GTX 970 and, maybe, try to save a few more bucks to get an ssd later on (you'll notice VERY slight fps gain, but your games and programs will load faster). If the SSD benefits don't appeal to you that much, I would consider saving for a new PSU, for future upgrades.

I got 410 bucks (USD) Theres really nothing I can spend it on, so the only option is to upgrade the hardware of my PC. What should I upgrade as I am pretty clueless.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

GPU or CPU.  You should get a GTX 970, an aftermarket CPU cooler, and an SSD.

Edited by cheeze_tartz

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

I'd get an SSD to make programs run faster.

One such SSD could be a Crucial MX100.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

I got 410 bucks (USD) Theres really nothing I can spend it on, so the only option is to upgrade the hardware of my PC. What should I upgrade as I am pretty clueless.

For gaming definitely get a new GPU. Along with an SSD for general snappiness.

Another option would be to get a better PSU, and add a second 280/X for CrossFire.

"Rawr XD"

OK. The SSD I will do, but the 530 would have much better write speeds.

For gaming definitely get a new GPU. Along with an SSD for general snappiness.

Another option would be to get a better PSU, and add a second 280/X for CrossFire.

I was thinking of cprssfiring, but I don't know if my board supports crossfire.

Damn. it doesnt.

Suppose you're aiming at games here. Probably would get a GTX 970 and, maybe, try to save a few more bucks to get an ssd later on (you'll notice VERY slight fps gain, but your games and programs will load faster). If the SSD benefits don't appeal to you that much, I would consider saving for a new PSU, for future upgrades.

I'd go for a GTX 970.  An unlocked CPU and aftermarket cooler would be cool, but the GPU is going to give you the biggest gain.  Next I would get an SSD.  You could pick up a CM 212 EVO just for the looks, but it's necessary with the locked version.

Ok thanks. Should I get the STRIX for 0db? and I will get an intel 240Gb 530 ssd. Thanks guys!

The CPU is fine, and the temps are 40 degress on cold windows boot, so im OK with the CPU. I will upgrade the PSU later down the road

Ok thanks. Should I get the STRIX for 0db? and I will get an intel 240Gb 530 ssd. Thanks guys!

No, don't get the Strix.

The Gigabyte G1 is hands down the best 970 for the money to get, and one of the best overall.

Also there's likely better options for the SSD then Intel. Their drives usually aren't priced that competitively.

"Rawr XD"

The model is completely your choice. The performance is very simmilar across most 970s, but each one of them has unique features that will appeal to different users. Make a list of whats most important in a GPU for you. Then, browse different 970s to pick whichever one fits your personal rig best. ;)