Pentium G3258 & R9 290 in the same pc?

I chose the Pentium because of and's mantle api which takes stress away from the cpu. So do you guys think this combo will work?

I chose the Pentium because of and's mantle api which takes stress away from the cpu. So do you guys think this combo will work?

Not well. My friend has the same combo and even with Mantle enabled in games like BF4 there is still a big bottleneck with G3258 @ 4.3 GHz. You'll want at least an i3 for a good experience with a 290.

"Rawr XD"

Better idea, my friend did this. He was going to do that but he upgraded his graphics to a GTX 970 and got a i5 4220. But if you're going for a Pentium your budget is probably low so you'd get a GTX 970 and a FX 8320 or i3-4XXX

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Better idea, my friend did this. He was going to do that but he upgraded his graphics to a GTX 970 and got a i5 4220. But if you're going for a Pentium your budget is probably low so you'd get a GTX 970 and a FX 8320 or i3-4XXX

wtf don't talk about an FX for games plz

And actually a 290 performs right there with the 970 without the throttled .5 GB

wtf don't talk about an FX for games plz

*cough *cough Intel+Nvidia fanboy.

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

And actually a 290 performs right there with the 970 without the throttled .5 GB

The price difference is like $10-$20 and it's newer so why not.

3-8 fps difference in some games? OH NO, OH GOD NO FX!

Hmm what can you upgrade to worth the money?

FX = Nothing

i3 = i5, i7 (which are constantly refreshed and improved)

Hmm which can get cheaper motherboards for? Oh i3?

Ignorance is bliss.

*cough *cough Intel+Nvidia fanboy.

well I wouldn't recommend an fx for gaming either, let alone swapping from a 1150 to an am3 platform in this case. FX (highend) used to be good budget option, but now for a similar price a i3 or even i5 can be had.

I would not reccomend Pentium to anyone running GPUs stronger than GTX 750 Ti or R7 265, if youre an Intel guy better start at current gen mid range i3.