alternating voltage

zocke1r

hello,

today in a benchmark of my hd7950 i noticed that the voltage and clock speed of my gpu was alternating between 0.950V(501MHz) and 1.125V(850MHz) and wondered if that would be normal or is something wrong with my card. and after i could not find anything helpful on google i decided to amke this post to hopefully get some help

hello,

today in a benchmark of my hd7950 i noticed that the voltage and clock speed of my gpu was alternating between 0.950V(501MHz) and 1.125V(850MHz) and wondered if that would be normal or is something wrong with my card. and after i could not find anything helpful on google i decided to amke this post to hopefully get some help

For a second I thought you were talking about AC voltage on your GPU, but yes that's normal it goes into idle state when things are not as intensive or changing scenes as a power save feature. 

For a second I thought you were talking about AC voltage on your GPU, but yes that's normal it goes into idle state when things are not as intensive or changing scenes as a power save feature. 

but why should it go into idle mode while i´m running furmark? adn the gpu is at 99%-100% load sry if that was not clear from my desription

but why should it go into idle mode while i´m running furmark? adn the gpu is at 99%-100% load sry if that was not clear from my desription

It has to do with what data it's processing, there shouldn't be an issue with the card but if you want to force it at constant voltage or power there is an option in the settings of MSI afterburner if I remember but it does cause the GPU to run hotter even when it's not doing anything intensive or sitting by.

It has to do with what data it's processing, there shouldn't be an issue with the card but if you want to force it at constant voltage or power there is an option in the settings of MSI afterburner if I remember but it does cause the GPU to run hotter even when it's not doing anything intensive or sitting by.

okay thank you