Need help updating my old phone...

I have a Samsung Wave 723 and it would be really helpful if anyone could answer some questions I have.

1. I read an article (  http://androidbiits.com/samsung-wave-723-gt-s7230e-to-android-1-1-xxkg1-s723exxkg1/ ) about putting Android 1.1 on Wave 723 GT-7230E. However, I have Wave 723 GT-7233E (which has Bada 1.1) . Will this tutorial work with this slightly different model? Also, can I put a newer Android version in this phone?

2. Will I get Play Store (or Android Market as it was called earlier) if I follow all the instructions correctly?

3. If Android Market is available, can I install Whatsapp and will it work normally?

4. If I don't like Android 1.1 and want to go back to Bada, can it be done? If yes, how?

Also, you maybe wondering why I want to upgrade an old phone to Android 1.1 when new phones currently have the awesome Lollipop version. I really can't afford to buy a new phone right now so this is my only option.

Sorry for being a Total noob when it comes to advanced stuff like this.
Thanks a lot

P.S Didn't know where this post was more approproate. So posting both in Operating Systems and Mobile Devices.

It's not worth the effort to put Android 1.x on anything tbh. It's going to be very slow and there's going to be very little app support. Chances are whatever version of WhatsApp last supported by Android 1.1 (if there ever was one) won't work with their servers anymore. Your best bet at this point is to just save up for a new device if you want app support.

"Rawr XD"